Enhancing performance in health care: a theoretical perspective on agency and the role of information
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Maria Goddard & Russell Mannion, 1998. "From competition to co-operation: new economic relationships in the National Health Service," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 105-119.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Darvish, Tikva & Kahana, Nava, 1989. "The ratchet principle : A multi-period flexible incentive scheme," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 51-57, January.
- James Andreoni & Brian Erard & Jonathan Feinstein, 1998. "Tax Compliance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 818-860, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houyuan Jiang & Zhan Pang & Sergei Savin, 2012. "Performance-Based Contracts for Outpatient Medical Services," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 654-669, October.
- Kristensen, Søren Rud & Siciliani, Luigi & Sutton, Matt, 2016.
"Optimal price-setting in pay for performance schemes in health care,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 57-77.
- SÃ¸ren Rud Kristensen & Luigi Siciliani & Matt Sutton, 2014. "Optimal Price-Setting in Pay for Performance Schemes in Health Care," Discussion Papers 14/03, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Rud Kristensen, Søren & Siciliani, Luigi & Sutton, Matt, 2014. "Optimal Price-Setting in Pay for Performance Schemes in Health Care," CEPR Discussion Papers 9915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianluca Fiorentini & Elisa Iezzi & Matteo Lippi Bruni & Cristina Ugolini, 2011.
"Incentives in primary care and their impact on potentially avoidable hospital admissions,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(4), pages 297-309, August.
- G. Fiorentini & E. Iezzi & M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2009. "Incentives In Primary Care and Their Impact on Potentially Avoidable Hospital Admissions," Working Papers 660, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Nils Gutacker & Andrew Street, 2015.
"Multidimensional performance assessment using dominance criteria,"
115cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Barr, Abigail & Lindelow, Magnus & Serneels, Pieter, 2004. "To serve the community or oneself - the public servant's dilemma," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3187, The World Bank.
- Iezzi, Elisa & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina, 2014. "The role of GP's compensation schemes in diabetes care: Evidence from panel data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 104-120.
- E. Iezzi & M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2011. "The role of GP’s compensation schemes in diabetes care: evidence from panel data," Working Papers wp766, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Peter C. Smith & Andrew Street, 2012. "Concepts and Challenges in Measuring the Performance of Health Care Organizations," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 32 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter C. Smith & Andrew Street, 2006. "Concepts and Challenges in Measuring the Performance of Health Care Organizations," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 30 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pascal Courty & Gerald Marschke, 2003. "Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/083, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Gerald Marschke & Pascal Courty, 2004. "Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program," Discussion Papers 04-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Antti Peltokorpi, 2011. "How do strategic decisions and operative practices affect operating room productivity?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 370-382, November.
- Meijboom, Bert & de Haan, Job & Verheyen, Piet, 2004. "Networks for integrated care provision: an economic approach based on opportunism and trust," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 33-43, July.
- Joanna Coast, 2001. "Citizens, their agents and health care rationing: an exploratory study using qualitative methods," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 159-174.
- Ssengooba, Freddie & McPake, Barbara & Palmer, Natasha, 2012. "Why performance-based contracting failed in Uganda – An “open-box” evaluation of a complex health system intervention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 377-383.
- Gross, Revital, 2004. "A consumer-based tool for evaluating the quality of health services in the Israeli health care system following reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 143-158, May.
- Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi, 2007. "Performance Indicators for Quality with Adverse Selection, Gaming and Inequality Aversion," CEPR Discussion Papers 6261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:9:y:2000:i:2:p:95-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.