Multidimensional performance assessment using dominance criteria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter C. Smith & Andrew Street, 2005. "Measuring the efficiency of public services: the limits of analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(2), pages 401-417.
- Chew Lian Chua & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2010. "A two‐stage estimation of hospital quality using mortality outcome measures: an application using hospital administrative data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(12), pages 1404-1424, December.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- Trevor C. Bailey & Paul J. Hewson, 2004. "Simultaneous modelling of multiple traffic safety performance indicators by using a multivariate generalized linear mixed model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 167(3), pages 501-517.
- Maria Goddard & Russell Mannion & Peter Smith, 2000. "Enhancing performance in health care: a theoretical perspective on agency and the role of information," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 95-107.
- Hauck, Katharina & Street, Andrew, 2006. "Performance assessment in the context of multiple objectives: A multivariate multilevel analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1029-1048, November.
- Jonathan Karnon & Orla Caffrey & Clarabelle Pham & Richard Grieve & David Ben‐Tovim & Paul Hakendorf & Maria Crotty, 2013. "Applying Risk Adjusted Cost‐Effectiveness (Rac‐E) Analysis To Hospitals: Estimating The Costs And Consequences Of Variation In Clinical Practice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 631-642, June.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Häkkinen, Unto & Rosenqvist, Gunnar & Peltola, Mikko & Kapiainen, Satu & Rättö, Hanna & Cots, Francesc & Geissler, Alexander & Or, Zeynep & Serdén, Lisbeth & Sund, Reijo, 2014. "Quality, cost, and their trade-off in treating AMI and stroke patients in European hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 15-27.
- Gowrisankaran, Gautam & Town, Robert J., 1999. "Estimating the quality of care in hospitals using instrumental variables," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 747-767, December.
- Luigi Siciliani & Peter Sivey & Andrew Street, 2013. "Differences In Length Of Stay For Hip Replacement Between Public Hospitals, Specialised Treatment Centres And Private Providers: Selection Or Efficiency?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 234-242, February.
- Hall, Bruce Lee & Hamilton, Barton H., 2004. "New information technology systems and a Bayesian hierarchical bivariate probit model for profiling surgeon quality at a large hospital," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 410-429, July.
- repec:ohe:monogr:000189 is not listed on IDEAS
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Sam Watson’s journal round-up for 21st August 2017
by Sam Watson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2017-08-21 16:00:35
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s10198-017-0915-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance assessment; provider classification; multidimensional; multilevel modelling;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chy:respap:115cherp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gill Forder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chyoruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.