Intra-class correlation in random-effects models for binary data
- German Rodriguez
- Irma Elo
(The University of Pennsylvania)
We review the concept of intra-class correlation in random-effects models for binary outcomes as estimated by Stata's xtprobit, xtlogit, and xtclog. We consider the usual measures of correlation based on a latent variable formulation of these models and note corrections to the last two procedures. We also discuss alternative measures of association based on manifest variables or actual outcomes and introduce a new command xtrho for computing these measures for all three types of models. Copyright 2003 by Stata Corporation.
Volume (Year): 3 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.stata-journal.com/subscription.html|
- Sun-Joo Cho & Jennifer Gilbert & Amanda Goodwin, 2013. "Explanatory Multidimensional Multilevel Random Item Response Model: An Application to Simultaneous Investigation of Word and Person Contributions to Multidimensional Lexical Representations," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 830-855, October.
- Luis Sagaon TEYSSIER & Nawal ZAAJ, 2015. "Hazard analysis for interval-censored duration of non-employment: school-to-work transition of vocational training graduates in Morocco," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 161-178.
- Martin Srholec, 2015.
"Understanding the diversity of cooperation on innovation across countries: multilevel evidence from Europe,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1-2), pages 159-182, March.
- Srholec , Martin, 2013. "Understanding the diversity of cooperation on innovation across countries: Multilevel evidence from Europe," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/26, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Erik R. Vickstrom, 2014. "Legal Status, Territorial Confinement, and Transnational Activities of Senegalese Migrants in France, Italy, and Spain," Working Papers 15-01h, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Migration and Development..
- Dr Alex Bryson, 2011. "Change and Persistence in the German Model of Collective Bargaining and Worker Representation," NIESR Discussion Papers 382, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- John T. Addison & Alex Bryson & André Pahnke & Paulino Teixeira, 2011. "Change and Persistence in the German Model of Collective Bargaining and Worker Representation," CEP Discussion Papers dp1099, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Judith Offerhaus, 2013. "The Type to Train?: Impacts of Personality Characteristics on Further Training Participation," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 531, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino & Bryson, Alex & Pahnke, André, 2011. "The Structure of Collective Bargaining and Worker Representation: Change and Persistence in the German Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Soto, José R. & Adams, Damian C. & Escobedo, Francisco J., 2016. "Landowner attitudes and willingness to accept compensation from forest carbon offsets: Application of best–worst choice modeling in Florida USA," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 35-42.
- Khudnitskaya, Alesia S., 2009. "Microenvironment-specific Effects in the Application Credit Scoring Model," MPRA Paper 23175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damien Rousselière & Iragaël Joly, 2011. "A propos de la capacité à survivre des coopératives : une étude de la relation entre âge et mortalité des organisations coopératives agricoles françaises," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 92(3), pages 259-289.
- Rousselière, Damien & Joly, Iragaël, 2011. "A propos de la capacité à survivre des coopératives : une étude de la relation entre âge et mortalité des organisations coopératives agricoles françaises," Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 92(03), pages 259-289, September.
- Rousselière, D. & Joly, I., 2011. "A propos de la capacité à survivre des coopératives : une étude de la relation entre âge et mortalité des organisations coopératives agricoles françaises," Working Papers 201107, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira & Alex Bryson & André Pahnke, 2013. "Collective Agreement Status and Survivability: Change and Persistence in the German Model," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 27(3), pages 288-309, 09.
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira & Alex Bryson & André Pahnke, 2011. "Collective Agreement Status and Survivability: Change and Persistence in the German Model," GEMF Working Papers 2011-15, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, revised Apr 2013.
- Lan Vu & Linh Le & Nazeem Muhajarine, 2013. "Multilevel Determinants of Colleges/Universities Enrolment in Vietnam: Evidences from the 15% Sample Data of Population Census 2009," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 375-386, March.
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino & Evers, Katalin & Bellmann, Lutz, 2013. "Collective Bargaining and Innovation in Germany: Cooperative Industrial Relations?," IZA Discussion Papers 7871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira & Katalin Evers & Lutz Bellmann, 2015. "Collective Bargaining and Innovation in Germany: Cooperative Industrial Relations?," GEMF Working Papers 2014-01, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Nauleau, Marie-Laure, 2014. "Free-riding on tax credits for home insulation in France: An econometric assessment using panel data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 78-92.
- Yue, Chen & Chen, Shaojie & Sair, Haris I. & Airan, Raag & Caffo, Brian S., 2015. "Estimating a graphical intra-class correlation coefficient (GICC) using multivariate probit-linear mixed models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 126-133.
- Conroy, Amy A. & Wong, Lauren H., 2015. "How reliable are self-reports of HIV status disclosure? Evidence from couples in Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 28-37.
- Boyd Hunter & Matthew Gray & Ben Edwards, 2013. "The Use of Social Surveys to Measure Drought and the Impact of Drought," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 419-432, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:3:y:2003:i:1:p:32-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)or (Lisa Gilmore)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed