Unemployment and growth: some empirical evidence from structural time series models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1997. "Business Cycles and Long-Run Growth," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 145-153, Autumn.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993. "Endogenous Growth and Cycles," NBER Working Papers 4286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Eleftheriou, Konstantinos, 2010. "The Morphology of Income Convergence in US States: New Evidence using an Error-Correction-Model," MPRA Paper 20096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Gori & Luciano Fanti, 2009. "Right-to-manage unions endogenous growth and welfare," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 903-917.
- Miyamoto, Hiroaki, 2010. "R&D, unemployment, and labor market policies," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 198-205, August.
- Ken-ichi Hashimoto & Ryonghun Im, 2016.
"Bubbles and unemployment in an endogenous growth model,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 1084-1106.
- Ken-ichi Hashimoto & Ryonfun Im, 2014. "Bubbles and unemployment in an endogenous growth model," Discussion Papers 1431, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Ignat Stepanok, 2016.
"Creative destruction and unemployment in an open economy model,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 49(3), pages 931-948, August.
- Stepanok, Ignat, 2013. "Creative destruction and unemployment in an open economy model," Kiel Working Papers 1820, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gallegati Marco & Gallegati Mauro & Ramsey James B. & Semmler Willi, 2016. "Productivity and unemployment: a scale-by-scale panel data analysis for the G7 countries," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 20(4), pages 477-493, September.
- Thomas B. King, 2005. "Labor productivity and job-market flows: trends, cycles, and correlations," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2005-04, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Tetsugen Haruyama & Campbell Leith, 2010. "Unemployment And The Productivity Slowdown: An Effciency Wage Perspective," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 301-319.
- Schreiber Sven, 2009. "Unemployment and Productivity, Slowdowns and Speed-Ups: Evidence Using Common Shifts," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Hiroaki Miyamoto & Yuya Takahashi, 2009. "Technological Progress, On-the-Job Search, and Unemployment," ISER Discussion Paper 0734, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Malley, Jim & Muscatelli, V. Anton, 1999.
"Business cycles and productivity growth: Are temporary downturns productive or wasteful?,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 337-364, December.
- J Malley & V A Muscatelli., "undated". "Business Cycles and Productivity Growth: Are Temporary Downturns Productive or Wasteful?," Working Papers 9605, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2010.
"Inequalities in income and education and regional economic growth in western Europe,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(2), pages 349-375, April.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis, 2008. "Inequalities in Income and Education and Regional Economic Growth in Western Europe," Papers DYNREG34, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Jalles João Tovar, 2015. "Is There A Stable Long-run Relationship Between Unemployment And Productivity? / Czy Istnieje Stabilny Długookresowy Związek Między Bezrobociem A Produktywnością?," Comparative Economic Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 18(2), pages 57-75, June.
- Gaetano Lisi & Maurizio Pugno, 2015.
"A matching model of endogenous growth and underground firms,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 11(4), pages 347-369, December.
- Gaetano Lisi & Maurizio Pugno, 2012. "A Matching Model of Endogenous Growth and Underground Firms," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_03, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Lisi, Gaetano & Pugno, Maurizio, 2015. "A Matching Model of Endogenous Growth and Underground Firms," MPRA Paper 63336, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campbell leith & Chol-Won Li, 2001. "Unemployment and the Productivity Slowdown: A Labour Supply Perspective," Working Papers 2001_13, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Miyamoto, Hiroaki & Takahashi, Yuya, 2011.
"Productivity growth, on-the-job search, and unemployment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 666-680.
- Hiroaki Miyamoto & Yuya Takahashi, 2008. "Productivity Growth, On-the-Job Search, and Unemployment," Working Papers EMS_2011_06, Research Institute, International University of Japan, revised Feb 2011.
- Gaetano Lisi & Maurizio Pugno, 2010.
"The Underground Economy in a Matching Model of Endogenous Growth,"
2010-07, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- Lisi, Gaetano & Pugno, Maurizio, 2011. "The Underground Economy in a Matching Model of Endogenous Growth," MPRA Paper 31312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken-ichi Hashimoto & Ryonghun Im, 2016. "Asset bubbles, labor market frictions, and R&D-based growth," Discussion Papers 1642, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Schreiber, Sven, 2009. "Explaining shifts in the unemployment rate with productivity slowdowns and accelerations: a co-breaking approach," Kiel Working Papers 1505, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- V A Muscatelli., 1995. "Flexibility, Structural Change and the Global Economy," Working Papers 9601, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow, revised Jan 1996.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Shuo Huang, 2013. "Unemployment, Growth and Speed of Transition in China," CESifo Working Paper Series 4410, CESifo Group Munich.
- Patrick Wilson & Simon Stevenson & Ralf Zurbruegg, 2007. "Foreign Property Shocks and the Impact on Domestic Securitized Real Estate Markets: An Unobserved Components Approach," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 407-424, April.
- Takuma Kunieda & Ken-ichi Hashimoto & Ryonghun Im, 2017. "Asset Bubbles, Unemployment, and a Financial Crisis," Discussion Paper Series 156, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Feb 2017.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:33:y:2001:i:8:p:1083-1088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.