Economic Cycle And Regional Innovative Activity In The Pomeranian Industrial System In 2009-11
Industrial systems in countries with a significant technological gap is generally characterized by low competitiveness, manifested, among others, the low share of high technology products in international trade. The aim of the study was to determine the impact of the various phases of the directions of the economic cycle on the behavior of innovative firms with the determination of the strength of this effect. Achieved results confirmed the presence of cyclic of innovative activity in the Pomeranian region. Based on the analysis performed on a group of 680 industrial companies using probit regression can be stated that in the period boom innovative activity occurs much more frequently than in other phases of the business cycle - recession and stagnation. The economic situation is therefore an important and time-varying factor in the decisions of innovative enterprises. On this basis, there is a need for a reference to the current market conditions, the impact of the phenomenon of programming innovation processes in our country
Volume (Year): 7 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.pjms.zim.pcz.pl/edi/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Gilles Saint-Paul, 1998.
"Uncovering Some Causal Relationships Between Productivity Growth and the Structure of Economic Fluctuations: A Tentative Survey,"
CEIS, vol. 12(2), pages 279-303, 07.
- Philippe Aghion & Gilles Saint-Paul, 1993. "Uncovering Some Causal Relationships between Productivity Growth and the Structure of Economic Fluctuations: A Tentative Survey," NBER Working Papers 4603, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Francois & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2003. "Animal Spirits Through Creative Destruction," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 530-550, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30752799 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Nowicka-Skowron & Piotr Pachura, 2010. "Theory Of Innovation In Spatial Perspective," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 1(1), pages 111-118, May.
- Erik Canton & Harald Uhlig, 1999. "Growth and the cycle: Creative destruction versus entrenchment," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 239-266, October.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S. & Canton, E.J.F., 1997. "Growth and the Cycle : Creative Destruction versus Entrenchment," Discussion Paper 1997-42, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993. "Endogenous Growth and Cycles," NBER Working Papers 4286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pcz:journl:v:7:y:2013:i:1:p:8-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Bajdor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.