Theory Of Innovation In Spatial Perspective
The situation where European regions will fall behind with regard to defined categories of clusters with relation to their equivalents on the scale of the world economy can become a significant factor in the low competitiveness of the regions in a global economy. This particularly refers to the new EU member countries in which the previous centralized economy system enforced top-down location of entire industrial branches regardless of their possible effectiveness. Cluster and network structures in these countries significantly differ in the level of development and experience in the sphere of increasing competitiveness.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.pjms.zim.pcz.pl/edi/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alex Hoen, 2001. "Clusters: Determinants and Effects," CPB Memorandum 17, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Maryann Feldman & Johanna Francis & Janet Bercovitz, 2005. "Creating a Cluster While Building a Firm: Entrepreneurs and the Formation of Industrial Clusters," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 129-141.
- Roberta Capello, 1999. "Spatial Transfer of Knowledge in High Technology Milieux: Learning Versus Collective Learning Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 353-365.
- Arnoud Lagendijk, 2006. "Learning from conceptual flow in regional studies: Framing present debates, unbracketing past debates," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 385-399.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pcz:journl:v:1:y:2010:i:1:p:111-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Bajdor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.