Which comes first - urbanization or economic growth? Evidence from heterogeneous panel causality tests
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Liddle, Brantley & Messinis, George, 2013. "Which comes first—urbanization or economic growth? Evidence from heterogeneous panel causality tests," MPRA Paper 53983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Apergis, Nicholas & Tang, Chor Foon, 2013. "Is the energy-led growth hypothesis valid? New evidence from a sample of 85 countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 24-31.
- Jushan Bai & Josep Lluís Carrion-I-Silvestre, 2009.
"Structural Changes, Common Stochastic Trends, and Unit Roots in Panel Data,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 471-501.
- Jushan Bai; Josep LluÃs Carrion-i-Silvestre, 2004. "Structural changes, common stochastic trends and unit roots in panel data," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 345, Econometric Society.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2012. "Does financial development increase energy consumption? The role of industrialization and urbanization in Tunisia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 473-479.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Density and Climate Change: A STIRPAT Analysis using City-level Data," MPRA Paper 52089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona & Hurlin, Christophe, 2012.
"Testing for Granger non-causality in heterogeneous panels,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1450-1460.
- Christophe Hurlin & Elena Dumitrescu, 2012. "Testing for Granger Non-causality in Heterogeneous Panels," Working Papers halshs-00224434, HAL.
- Elena Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2012. "Testing for Granger Non-causality in Heterogeneous Panels," Post-Print hal-01385899, HAL.
- J. Vernon Henderson, 2010. "Cities And Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 515-540.
- Francesca Iorio & Stefano Fachin, 2014.
"Savings and investments in the OECD: a panel cointegration study with a new bootstrap test,"
Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1271-1300, June.
- Francesca Di Iorio & Stefano Fachin, 2012. "Savings and Investments in the OECD: a panel cointegration study with a new bootstrap test," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2012/2, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Wheaton, William C & Shishido, Hisanobu, 1981. "Urban Concentration, Agglomeration Economies, and the Level of Economic Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 17-30, October.
- Brantley Liddle, 2013. "The Energy, Economic Growth, Urbanization Nexus Across Development: Evidence from Heterogeneous Panel Estimates Robust to Cross-Sectional Dependence," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- McCoskey, Suzanne & Kao, Chihwa, 1999. " Testing the Stability of a Production Function with Urbanization as a Shift Factor," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 671-690, Special I.
- Michieka, Nyakundi M. & Fletcher, Jerald J., 2012. "An investigation of the role of China's urban population on coal consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 668-676.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2007. "Residential electricity demand dynamics in Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 199-210, March.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell & Sharma, Susan, 2009. "The energy-GDP nexus: Evidence from a panel of Pacific Island countries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 210-220, August.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink, 2008. "Urbanization and the Wealth of Nations," PGDA Working Papers 3008, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney, 2013. "Might electricity consumption cause urbanization instead? Evidence from heterogeneous panel long-run causality tests," MPRA Paper 52333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henderson, Vernon, 2003. "The Urbanization Process and Economic Growth: The So-What Question," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 47-71, March.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yabo Zhao & Shaojian Wang, 2015. "The Relationship between Urbanization, Economic Growth and Energy Consumption in China: An Econometric Perspective Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-19, May.
- repec:eee:appene:v:197:y:2017:i:c:p:212-221 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:22:y:2015:i:5:p:349-355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .