The demand for transparency: An empirical note
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 5 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/sociology/journal/11558|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2003.
"Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria,"
NBER Working Papers
9804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2013. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 22(4), pages 570-615, August.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martín & Arvind Subramanian, 2003. "Addressing the natural resource curse: An illustration from Nigeria," Economics Working Papers 685, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Arvind Subramanian & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse; An Illustration From Nigeria," IMF Working Papers 03/139, .
- Drazen, A. & Grilli, V., 1991.
"The Benefits of Crisis for Economic Reforms,"
27-91, Tel Aviv.
- Andvig, Jens Chr. & Moene, Karl Ove, 1990.
"How corruption may corrupt,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 63-76, January.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2009.
"Disclosure by Politicians,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7168, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger B. Myerson, 2008.
"Perspectives on Mechanism Design in Economic Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 586-603, June.
- Myerson, Roger B., 2007. "Perspectives on Mechanism Design in Economic Theory," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2007-6, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Roland Hodler, 2004.
"The Curse of Natural Resources in Fractionalized Countries,"
dp0404, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Hodler, Roland, 2006. "The curse of natural resources in fractionalized countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1367-1386, August.
- Easterly, William, 2001.
"Can Institutions Resolve Ethnic Conflict?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(4), pages 687-706, July.
- Jonathan Isham & Michael Woolcock & Lant Pritchett & Gwen Busby, 2005. "The Varieties of Resource Experience: Natural Resource Export Structures and the Political Economy of Economic Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 141-174.
- Man-Keung Tang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009.
"The Value of Making Commitments Externally: Evidence from WTO Accessions,"
152009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tang, Man-Keung & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2009. "The value of making commitments externally: Evidence from WTO accessions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 216-229, July.
- Man-Keung Tang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "The Value of Making Commitments Externally: Evidence from WTO Accessions," NBER Working Papers 14582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne, 2009. "Is Transparency the Key to Reducing Corruption in Resource-Rich Countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 521-532, March.
- Hans Pitlik, 2008.
"The Impact of Growth Performance and Political Regime Type on Economic Policy Liberalization,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 258-278, 05.
- Hans Pitlik, 2007. "The Impact of Growth Performance and Political Regime Type on Economic Policy Liberalization," WIFO Working Papers 300, WIFO.
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008.
"Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governments’ Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dreher, Axel & Voigt, Stefan, 2011. "Does membership in international organizations increase governments' credibility? Testing the effects of delegating powers," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 326-348, September.
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008. "Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governments’ Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers," KOF Working papers 08-193, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008. "Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governments’ Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200819, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Francesco Trebbi, 2006.
"Who adjusts and when? On the political economy of reforms,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2108, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Francesco Trebbi, 2006. "Who Adjusts and When? On the Political Economy of Reforms," NBER Working Papers 12049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pitlik, Hans & Wirth, Steffen, 2003. "Do crises promote the extent of economic liberalization?: an empirical test," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 565-581, September.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998.
"The Quality of Goverment,"
NBER Working Papers
6727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, "undated". "The Quality of Government," Working Paper 19452, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Government," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1847, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Amin, Mohammad & Djankov, Simeon, 2009.
"Natural resources and reforms,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4882, The World Bank.
- Karsten Staehr, 2006. "Linkages between Political and Economic Reforms in Post-Communist Countries," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 32, pages 113-138.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1999. "The big push, natural resource booms and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-76, June.
- Frédéric Boehm & Juanita Olaya, 2006. "Corruption In Public Contracting Auctions: The Role Of Transparency In Bidding Processes," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 77(4), pages 431-452, December.
- Treisman, Daniel, 2000. "The causes of corruption: a cross-national study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 399-457, June.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Hans Pitlik, 2007. "A race to liberalization? Diffusion of economic policy reform among OECD-economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 159-178, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:revint:v:5:y:2010:i:2:p:177-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.