Evaluation and comparison of European countries: public opinion on services
We propose the setting-up of an indicator for classifying European countries with relation to consumers' satisfaction for services of general interest. Services considered are fixed telephone service, electricity supply, railways and postal service. The reference data set is the 2002 Standard Eurobarometer database (EB58) and it refers to EU members before 2004 enlargement. The proposed indicator is based on nonlinear principal component analysis and supplies a measure for the citizen's satisfaction. Its robustness is verified by a Monte Carlo approach. The level of satisfaction is eventually used for country comparison and for detecting possible hotspots, in order to support decision making policies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 44 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard B. Freeman, 1977.
"Job Satisfaction as an Economic Variable,"
NBER Working Papers
0225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tenenhaus, Michel & Vinzi, Vincenzo Esposito & Chatelin, Yves-Marie & Lauro, Carlo, 2005. "PLS path modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 159-205, January.
- Carlo Fiorio & M. Florio & S. Salini & P. Ferrari, 2007. "Consumers’ Attitudes on Services of General Interest in the EU: Accessibility, Price and Quality 2000-2004," Working Papers 2007.2, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Marianne Bertrand, 2001. "Do People Mean What They Say? Implications for Subjective Survey Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 67-72, May.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:44:y:2010:i:6:p:1191-1205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.