Inequality in life expectancy, functional status, and active life expectancy across selected black and white populations in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lillard, Lee & Smith, James P & Welch, Finis, 1986.
"What Do We Really Know about Wages? The Importance of Nonreporting and Census Imputation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 489-506, June.
- Lee Lillard & James P. Smith & Finis Welch, 2004. "What Do We Really Know About Wages: The Importance of Nonreporting and Census Imputation," Labor and Demography 0404005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:5:563-564_4 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cerdá, Magdalena & Buka, Stephen L. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W., 2008. "Neighborhood influences on the association between maternal age and birthweight: A multilevel investigation of age-related disparities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 2048-2060, May.
- Joel Goh & Jeffrey Pfeffer & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2016. "The Relationship Between Workplace Stressors and Mortality and Health Costs in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 608-628, February.
- Ernest Lo & Dan Vatnik & Andrea Benedetti & Robert Bourbeau, 2016. "Variance models of the last age interval and their impact on life expectancy at subnational scales," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(15), pages 399-454.
- repec:kap:poprpr:v:38:y:2019:i:5:d:10.1007_s11113-019-09524-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vladimir Shkolnikov & Evgeny Andreev & Zhen Zhang & James Oeppen & James Vaupel, 2011. "Losses of Expected Lifetime in the United States and Other Developed Countries: Methods and Empirical Analyses," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(1), pages 211-239, February.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:200:y:2018:i:c:p:262-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Zajacova & Jennifer Karas Montez & Pamela Herd, 2014. "Socioeconomic Disparities in Health Among Older Adults and the Implications for the Retirement Age Debate: A Brief Report," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 69(6), pages 973-978.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0629-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colen, Cynthia G. & Geronimus, Arline T. & Phipps, Maureen G., 2006. "Getting a piece of the pie? The economic boom of the 1990s and declining teen birth rates in the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(6), pages 1531-1545, September.
- Boen, Courtney, 2016. "The role of socioeconomic factors in Black-White health inequities across the life course: Point-in-time measures, long-term exposures, and differential health returns," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 63-76.
- Jeffrey T. Howard & P. Johnelle Sparks, 2016. "The Effects of Allostatic Load on Racial/Ethnic Mortality Differences in the United States," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(4), pages 421-443, August.
- Arline Geronimus & John Bound & Annie Ro, 2014.
"Residential Mobility Across Local Areas in the United States and the Geographic Distribution of the Healthy Population,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 777-809, June.
- Arline T. Geronimus & John Bound & Annie Ro, 2014. "Residential Mobility Across Local Areas In The United States And The Geographic Distribution Of The Healthy Population," Working Papers 14-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah, 2010. "Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 240-250, January.
- Nepomnyaschy, Lenna, 2010. "Race disparities in low birth weight in the U.S. south and the rest of the nation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 684-691, March.
- Jeremy Pais, 2014. "Cumulative Structural Disadvantage and Racial Health Disparities: The Pathways of Childhood Socioeconomic Influence," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(5), pages 1729-1753, October.
- repec:spr:ijphth:v:64:y:2019:i:9:d:10.1007_s00038-019-01274-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cho, Youngtae & Park, Gil-Sung & Echevarria-Cruz, Samuel, 2005. "Perceived neighborhood characteristics and the health of adult Koreans," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1285-1297, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:38:y:2001:i:2:p:227-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.