Residential Mobility Across Local Areas In The United States And The Geographic Distribution Of The Healthy Population
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arline Geronimus & John Bound & Annie Ro, 2014. "Residential Mobility Across Local Areas in the United States and the Geographic Distribution of the Healthy Population," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 777-809, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.060749_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A., 2007. "Beyond acculturation: Immigration, discrimination, and health research among Mexicans in the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 1524-1535, October.
- Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H., 1996. "Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 47-57, January.
- Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Rees, Philip, 2005. "Selective migration, health and deprivation: a longitudinal analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 2755-2771, June.
- Brimblecombe, Nic & Dorling, Danny & Shaw, Mary, 2000. "Migration and geographical inequalities in health in Britain," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 861-878, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2011.300169_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles F. Longino & Don E. Bradley & Eleanor P. Stoller & William H. Haas, 2008. "Predictors of Non-Local Moves Among Older Adults: A Prospective Study," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 63(1), pages 7-14.
- Mark Hayward & Melonie Heron, 1999. "Racial inequality in active life among adult americans," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(1), pages 77-91, February.
- Nordstrom, Cheryl K. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Jackson, Sharon A. & Gardin, Julius M., 2004. "The association of personal and neighborhood socioeconomic indicators with subclinical cardiovascular disease in an elderly cohort. The cardiovascular health study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(10), pages 2139-2147, November.
- Scott South & Kyle Crowder, 1997. "Residential mobility between cities and suburbs: race, suburbanization, and back-to-the-city moves," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(4), pages 525-538, November.
- Timothy J. Halliday & Michael Kimmitt, 2007. "Selective Migration and Health," Working Papers 200720, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- John R. Beard & Shannon Blaney & Magda Cerda & Victoria Frye & Gina S. Lovasi & Danielle Ompad & Andrew Rundle & David Vlahov, 2009. "Neighborhood Characteristics and Disability in Older Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(2), pages 252-257.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.178640_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Palloni & Elizabeth Arias, 2004. "Paradox lost: Explaining the hispanic adult mortality advantage," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 385-415, August.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Manski, Charles F, 1995. "Identification and Robustness with Contaminated and Corrupted Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 281-302, March.
- Arline Geronimus & John Bound & Timothy Waidmann & Cynthia Colen & Dianne Steffick, 2001. "Inequality in life expectancy, functional status, and active life expectancy across selected black and white populations in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(2), pages 227-251, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.074740_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:6:867-872_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brimblecombe, Nic & Dorling, Danny & Shaw, Mary, 1999. "Mortality and migration in Britain, first results from the British Household Panel Survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 981-988, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:55:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0636-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsplace and health; residential mobility; race and health; SES; urban; rural;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-03-22 (Health Economics)
- NEP-URE-2014-03-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:14-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dawn Anderson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.