Migration and geographical inequalities in health in Britain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam, 1991. "QALYs and the equity-efficiency trade-off," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 21-41, May.
- Gerdtham, U. -G. & Johannesson, M. & Lundberg, L. & Isacson, D., 1999. "A note on validating Wagstaff and van Doorslaer's health measure in the analysis of inequalities in health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 117-124, January.
- Newbold, K. Bruce & Eyles, John & Birch, Stephen, 1995. "Equity in health care: Methodological contributions to the analysis of hospital utilization within Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1181-1192.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Paci, Pierella, 1991. "On the measurement of horizontal inequity in the delivery of health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 169-205, July.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eva Kibele & Fanny Janssen, 2013. "Distortion of regional old-age mortality due to late-life migration in the Netherlands?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(5), pages 105-132, July.
- Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael, 2007. "Increasing inequalities in health: Is it an artefact caused by the selective movement of people?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2008-2015, May.
- Buzzelli, Michael & Su, Jason, 2006. "Multi-level modelling in health research: A caution and rejoinder on temporally mismatched data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1215-1218, March.
- Exeter, Daniel J. & Sabel, Clive E. & Hanham, Grant & Lee, Arier C. & Wells, Susan, 2015. "Movers and stayers: The geography of residential mobility and CVD hospitalisations in Auckland, New Zealand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 331-339.
- Arline Geronimus & John Bound & Annie Ro, 2014.
"Residential Mobility Across Local Areas in the United States and the Geographic Distribution of the Healthy Population,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), pages 777-809.
- Arline T. Geronimus & John Bound & Annie Ro, 2014. "Residential Mobility Across Local Areas In The United States And The Geographic Distribution Of The Healthy Population," Working Papers 14-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Marc Luy & Graziella Caselli, 2008. "The impact of a migration-caused selection effect on regional mortality differences in Italy and Germany," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2008-027, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Green, Mark A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Vickers, Daniel & Dorling, Danny, 2015. "Internal migration, area effects and health: Does where you move to impact upon your health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 27-34.
- McCartney, Gerry & Collins, Chik & Mackenzie, Mhairi, 2013. "What (or who) causes health inequalities: Theories, evidence and implications?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 221-227.
- Brown, Denise & Leyland, Alastair H., 2010. "Scottish mortality rates 2000-2002 by deprivation and small area population mobility," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(11), pages 1951-1957, December.
- Connolly, Sheelah & O'Reilly, Dermot, 2007. "The contribution of migration to changes in the distribution of health over time: Five-year follow-up study in Northern Ireland," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 1004-1011, September.
- Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa, 2009. "Urban/rural differences in body weight: Evidence for social selection and causation hypotheses in Finland," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 867-875, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Migration BHPS Area effects Lifetime disadvantage Gender differences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:50:y:2000:i:6:p:861-878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .