Beyond acculturation: Immigration, discrimination, and health research among Mexicans in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:2:200-208_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1996:86:6:837-843_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:10:1543-1548_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaplan, Mark S. & Marks, Gary, 1990. "Adverse effects of acculturation: Psychological distress among Mexican American young adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1313-1319.
- Hunt, L.M.Linda M. & Schneider, Suzanne & Comer, Brendon, 2004. "Should "acculturation" be a variable in health research? A critical review of research on US Hispanics," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 973-986.
- Grove, Natalie J. & Zwi, Anthony B., 2006. "Our health and theirs: Forced migration, othering, and public health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1931-1942.
- Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Pan, Jocelyn & Jun, Hee-Jin & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Emmons, Karen M., 2005. "The effect of immigrant generation on smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1223-1242.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.088211_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arcia, E. & Skinner, M. & Bailey, D. & Correa, V., 2001. "Models of acculturation and health behaviors among Latino immigrants to the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 41-53.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.080085_5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration Latinos Othering Discrimination Acculturation USA Women;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:65:y:2007:i:7:p:1524-1535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.