Beyond acculturation: Immigration, discrimination, and health research among Mexicans in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hunt, L.M.Linda M. & Schneider, Suzanne & Comer, Brendon, 2004. "Should "acculturation" be a variable in health research? A critical review of research on US Hispanics," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 973-986, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:2:200-208_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grove, Natalie J. & Zwi, Anthony B., 2006. "Our health and theirs: Forced migration, othering, and public health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(8), pages 1931-1942, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1996:86:6:837-843_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Pan, Jocelyn & Jun, Hee-Jin & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Emmons, Karen M., 2005. "The effect of immigrant generation on smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1223-1242, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.088211_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arcia, E. & Skinner, M. & Bailey, D. & Correa, V., 2001. "Models of acculturation and health behaviors among Latino immigrants to the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 41-53, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:10:1543-1548_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.080085_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaplan, Mark S. & Marks, Gary, 1990. "Adverse effects of acculturation: Psychological distress among Mexican American young adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1313-1319, January.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration Latinos Othering Discrimination Acculturation USA Women;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:65:y:2007:i:7:p:1524-1535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .