Race disparities in low birth weight in the U.S. south and the rest of the nation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajeev Dehejia & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2004. "Booms, Busts, and Babies' Health," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 1091-1130.
- Buescher, P.A. & Taylor, K.P. & Davis, M.H. & Bowling, J.M., 1993. "The quality of the new birth certificate data: A validation study in North Carolina," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 83(8), pages 1163-1165.
- repec:pri:cheawb:adriana_booms.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- Geronimus, A.T. & Hicken, M. & Keene, D. & Bound, J., 2006. ""Weathering" and age patterns of allostatic load scores among blacks and whites in the United States," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 96(5), pages 826-833.
- repec:pri:cheawb:adriana_booms is not listed on IDEAS
- Colen, C.G. & Geronimus, A.T. & Bound, J. & James, S.A., 2006. "Maternal upward socioeconomic mobility and Black-White disparities in infant birthweight," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 96(11), pages 2032-2039.
- Arline Geronimus & John Bound & Timothy Waidmann & Cynthia Colen & Dianne Steffick, 2001. "Inequality in life expectancy, functional status, and active life expectancy across selected black and white populations in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(2), pages 227-251, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thompson, Owen, 2011.
"Racial disparities in the cognition-health relationship,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 328-339, March.
- Owen Thompson, 2011. "Racial Disparities in the Cognition-Health Relationship," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA Low birth weight Disparities Race/ethnicity Regional variation Socioeconomic status (SES);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:70:y:2010:i:5:p:684-691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.