Health and Labor Market Performance: The Case of Diabetes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary C. Daly & John Bound, 1995. "Worker Adaptation and Employer Accommodation Following the Onset of a Health Impairment," NBER Working Papers 5169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1980. "The Decline in Male Labor Force Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 117-134, February.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 1998. "Education's role in explaining diabetic health investment differentials," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-266, June.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Kubik, Jeffrey D., 1997. "Disability insurance rejection rates and the labor supply of older workers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Lynn A. Karoly & Jeannette A. Rogowski, 1994. "The Effect of Access to Post-Retirement Health Insurance on the Decision to Retire Early," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(1), pages 103-123, October.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- John Bound & Michael Schoenbaum & Timothy Waidmann, 1995. "Race and Education Differences in Disability Status and Labor Force Attachment in the Health and Retirement Survey," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30, pages s227-s267.
- Bound, John, 1989.
"The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 482-503, June.
- John Bound, 1989. "The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants," NBER Working Papers 2816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luft, Harold S, 1975. "The Impact of Poor Health on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Bartel, Ann & Taubman, Paul, 1979. "Health and Labor Market Success: The Role of Various Diseases," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Sindelar, Jody L, 1982. "Differential Use of Medical Care by Sex," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1003-1019, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Economic Approach to Thinking About Diabetes
by Matthew Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2012-08-09 02:50:00
- Using Behavioral Economics to Reduce the Count of Undiagnosed Type II Diabetics
by Matthew Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2015-09-09 02:52:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gil, J. & Sicras-Mainar, A. & Zucchelli, E., 2016.
"The effects of non-adherence on health care utilisation: panel data evidence on uncontrolled diabetes,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
16/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Joan Gil & Antonio Sicras-Mainar & Eugenio Zucchelli, 2016. "The effects of non-adherence on health care utilisation: panel data evidence on uncontrolled diabetes," Working Papers 2016-06, FEDEA.
- Abid A. Burki & Mushtaq A. Khan & Sobia Malik, 2015. "From Chronic Disease to Food Poverty: Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 17-33.
- Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Xueyan & Harris, Anthony, 2009. "Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Melissa Bjelland, 2005. "Are the Lasting Effects of Employee-Employer Separations induced by Layoff and Disability Similar? Exploring Job Displacement using Survey and Administrative Data," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2005-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Berg, Nathan, 2006. "Behavioral Labor Economics," MPRA Paper 26366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergemann, Annette & Grönqvist, Erik & Gudbjörnsdottir, Soffia, 2011. "The effects of job displacement on the onset and progression of diabetes," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48695, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- García-Gómez, Pilar & Labeaga, José M. & Oliva, Juan, 2012. "Employment and wages of people living with HIV/AIDS," MERIT Working Papers 043, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- H. Shelton Brown & José A. Pagán & Elena Bastida, 2005. "The impact of diabetes on employment: genetic IVs in a bivariate probit," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 537-544.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 1999. "Consumer Behaviour, Labour Supply and Diabetes: The Complex Case," Working Paper Series 88, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- M. Christopher Auld, 2002. "Disentangling the effects of morbidity and life expectancy on labor market outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 471-483.
- Ehsan Latif, 2009. "The impact of diabetes on employment in Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 577-589.
- Liu, Xiaoou & Zhu, Chen, 2014. "Will knowing diabetes affect labor income? Evidence from a natural experiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 74-78.
- Minor, Travis & MacEwan, Joanna P., 2016. "A comparison of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes patients and labor supply," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 14-25.
- Persson, Emma & Persson, Sofie & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Steen Carlsson, Katarina, 2016. "Effect of Type 1 Diabetes on School Performance in a Dynamic World: New Analysis Exploring Swedish Register Data," Working Papers 2016:28, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Veronesi, Marcella, 2007. "Environmental Risk Factors, Health and the Labor Market Response of Married Men and Women in the United States," Working Papers 98552, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Maria Prados, 2012. "A Life Cycle Approach to the Mechanism Connecting Health Inequality and Earnings Inequality," 2012 Meeting Papers 1145, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Minor, Travis, 2013. "An investigation into the effect of type I and type II diabetes duration on employment and wages," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 534-544.
- Till Seuring & Olga Archangelidi & Marc Suhrcke, 2015. "The Economic Costs of Type 2 Diabetes: A Global Systematic Review," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 33(8), pages 811-831, August.
- Lixin Cai & Changxin Cong, 2009. "Effects Of Health And Chronic Diseases On Labour Force Participation Of Older Working-Age Australians ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 166-182, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:16:y:1998:i:4:p:878-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .