Differential Use of Medical Care by Sex
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Avdic, Daniel & Johansson, Per, 2013.
"Gender Differences in Preferences for Health-Related Absences from Work,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7480, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Avdic, Daniel & Johansson, Per, 2013. "Gender differences in preferences for health-related absences from work," Working Paper Series 2013:13, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Mary Zimmerman Murphy, 1987. "The Importance of Sample Selection Bias in the Estimation of Medical Care Demand Equations," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 19-29, Jan-Mar.
- Cardol, Mieke & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Van Dijk, Liset & Van Den Bosch, Wil J.H.M. & De Bakker, Dinny H., 2006. "Why does it run in families? Explaining family similarity in help-seeking behaviour by shared circumstances, socialisation and selection," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 920-932, August.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2017.
"The gender gap in mortality: How much is explained by behavior?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 79-90.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2016. "The gender gap in mortality: How much is explained by behavior?," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 05/2016, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Mocan, H. Naci & Tekin, Erdal & Zax, Jeffrey S., 2004. "The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 289-304, February.
- A. Marvasti, 2000. "Waiting Time and Production Uncertainty in Medical Services," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 115-135, May.
- Kim, Sung-Yong & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2001.
"Health Knowledge And Consumer Use Of Nutritional Labels: The Issue Revisited,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-10, April.
- Kim, Sung-Yong & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Capps, Oral, 2001. "Health Knowledge and Consumer Use of Nutritional Labels: The Issue Revisited," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 10-19, April.
- Shou-Lin Yang & Chiung-Ying Lee, 2015. "Analysis of the medical demands of elderly dementia patients considering the caregiver cost of medical accompaniment: an application of the travel cost method and altruistic utility function," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 423-439, January.
- Kahn, Matthew E, 1998. "Health and Labor Market Performance: The Case of Diabetes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 878-899, October.
- Tian, Wei-Hua & Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching, 2010. "The demand for preventive care services and its relationship with inpatient services," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 164-174, February.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Suraratdecha, Chutima, 2006. "The pervasiveness of pharmaceutical expenditure inertia in the OECD countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 225-238, July.
- He, Senhui & Fletcher, Stanley M. & Rimal, Arbindra, 2004. "Nutrition Consideration In Food Choice," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-3, March.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2017.
"The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships,"
ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy
04/2017, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2018. "The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 339, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- João Cotter Salvado, 2008. "The Determinants of Health Care Utilization in Portugal: An Approach with Count Data Models," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 437-458, September.
- Mercy Raquel Orellana Bravo & Juan Andrés Piedra Peña & Luis Santiago Sarmiento Moscoso, 2017. "Evidence About The Moral Hazard In The Ecuadorian Health System," Journal of Smart Economic Growth, , vol. 2(1), pages 109-132, March.
- Tak, Hyo Jung & Hougham, Gavin W. & Ruhnke, Atsuko & Ruhnke, Gregory W., 2014. "The effect of in-office waiting time on physician visit frequency among working-age adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 43-51.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 1998. "Education's role in explaining diabetic health investment differentials," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-266, June.
- Maximilien Nayaradou & Sébastien Nouet & Manuel Plisson, 2016. "Les mécanismes économiques et financiers associés à la couverture dépendance : une analyse exploratoire sur données bancaires," Revue d'économie financière, Association d'économie financière, vol. 0(2), pages 273-326.
- Bhat Ramesh & Jain Nishant, 2007. "A Study of Factors Affecting the Renewal of Health Insurance Policy," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-01-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:90:y:1982:i:5:p:1003-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.