Partial least squares structural equation modeling-based discrete choice modeling: an illustration in modeling retailer choice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louviere, Jordan J. & Islam, Towhidul, 2008. "A comparison of importance weights and willingness-to-pay measures derived from choice-based conjoint, constant sum scales and best-worst scaling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 903-911, September.
- Lu, Hui & Hess, Stephane & Daly, Andrew & Rohr, Charlene, 2017. "Measuring the impact of alcohol multi-buy promotions on consumers' purchase behaviour," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 75-95.
- Rosenthal, Robert W, 1989. "A Bounded-Rationality Approach to the Study of Noncooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(3), pages 273-291.
- Amaro, Suzanne & Duarte, Paulo, 2015. "An integrative model of consumers' intentions to purchase travel online," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 64-79.
- Lee, Lorraine & Petter, Stacie & Fayard, Dutch & Robinson, Shani, 2011. "On the use of partial least squares path modeling in accounting research," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 305-328.
- Peter J Buckley & Timothy M Devinney & Jordan J Louviere, 2007. "Do managers behave the way theory suggests? A choice-theoretic examination of foreign direct investment location decision-making," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(7), pages 1069-1094, December.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, 05-06.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Florian Schuberth & Jörg Henseler & Theo K. Dijkstra, 2018. "Partial least squares path modeling using ordinal categorical indicators," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 9-35, January.
- Nitzl, Christian, 2016. "The use of partial least squares structural equation modelling (PLS-SEM) in management accounting research: Directions for future theory development," Journal of Accounting Literature, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 19-35.
- Louviere, Jordan & Lings, Ian & Islam, Towhidul & Gudergan, Siegfried & Flynn, Terry, 2013. "An introduction to the application of (case 1) best–worst scaling in marketing research," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 292-303.
- Carsten Hahn & Michael D. Johnson & Andreas Herrmann & Frank Huber, 2002. "Capturing Customer Heterogeneity Using A Finite Mixture Pls Approach," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 54(3), pages 243-269, July.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Rejoinder--Implications of "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness"," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 413-415, 05-06.
- Evermann, Joerg & Tate, Mary, 2016. "Assessing the predictive performance of structural equation model estimators," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4565-4582.
- Horrace, William C. & Oaxaca, Ronald L., 2006. "Results on the bias and inconsistency of ordinary least squares for the linear probability model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 321-327, March.
- James J. Heckman & James M. Snyder, Jr., 1996. "Linear Probability Models of the Demand for Attributes with an Empirical Application to Estimating the Preferences of Legislators," NBER Working Papers 5785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, October.
- Hall, Jane & Viney, Rosalie & Haas, Marion & Louviere, Jordan, 2004. "Using stated preference discrete choice modeling to evaluate health care programs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(9), pages 1026-1032, September.
- Ayeh, Julian K. & Au, Norman & Law, Rob, 2013. "Predicting the intention to use consumer-generated media for travel planning," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 132-143.
- Sarstedt, Marko & Ringle, Christian M. & Smith, Donna & Reams, Russell & Hair, Joseph F., 2014. "Partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM): A useful tool for family business researchers," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 105-115.
- Gudergan, Siegfried P. & Devinney, Timothy M. & Susan Ellis, R., 2016. "Cooperation and compliance in non-equity alliances," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1759-1764.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Hazel Bateman & Christine Eckert & Fedor Iskhakov & Jordan Louviere & Stephen Satchell & Susan Thorp, 2017. "Default and naive diversification heuristics in annuity choice," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 42(1), pages 32-57, February.
- Zhang, Jing & Reed Johnson, F. & Mohamed, Ateesha F. & Hauber, A. Brett, 2015. "Too many attributes: A test of the validity of combining discrete-choice and best–worst scaling data," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 1-13.
- Jakobowicz, Emmanuel & Derquenne, Christian, 2007. "A modified PLS path modeling algorithm handling reflective categorical variables and a new model building strategy," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 3666-3678, May.
- Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Flynn, Terry, 2007. "Several methods to investigate relative attribute impact in stated preference experiments," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 1738-1753, April.
- Carlo Giacomo Prato & Shlomo Bekhor & Cristina Pronello, 2012. "Latent variables and route choice behavior," Post-Print halshs-00733464, HAL.
- Carlo Prato & Shlomo Bekhor & Cristina Pronello, 2012. "Latent variables and route choice behavior," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 299-319, March.
- Andrew Daly & Stephane Hess & Bhanu Patruni & Dimitris Potoglou & Charlene Rohr, 2012. "Using ordered attitudinal indicators in a latent variable choice model: a study of the impact of security on rail travel behaviour," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 267-297, March.
- Rungie, Cam M. & Coote, Leonard V. & Louviere, Jordan J., 2012. "Latent variables in discrete choice experiments," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 145-156.
- Maria Kamargianni & Moshe Ben-Akiva & Amalia Polydoropoulou, 2014. "Incorporating social interaction into hybrid choice models," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 1263-1285, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang Min & Shuja Iqbal & Muhammad Aamir Shafique Khan & Shamim Akhtar & Farooq Anwar & Sikandar Ali Qalati, 2020. "Impact of supervisory behavior on sustainable employee performance: Mediation of conflict management strategies using PLS-SEM," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(9), pages 1-20, September.
- Salgado, Stéphane & Hemonnet-Goujot, Aurelie & Henard, David H. & de Barnier, Virginie, 2020. "The dynamics of innovation contest experience: An integrated framework from the customer’s perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 29-43.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marko Sarstedt & Christian M Ringle & Jun-Hwa Cheah & Hiram Ting & Ovidiu I Moisescu & Lacramioara Radomir, 2020. "Structural model robustness checks in PLS-SEM," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(4), pages 531-554, June.
- Hess, Stephane & Spitz, Greg & Bradley, Mark & Coogan, Matt, 2018. "Analysis of mode choice for intercity travel: Application of a hybrid choice model to two distinct US corridors," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 547-567.
- Potoglou, Dimitris & Palacios, Juan-Francisco & Feijóo, Claudio, 2015. "An integrated latent variable and choice model to explore the role of privacy concern on stated behavioural intentions in e-commerce," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 10-27.
- Jun-Hwa Cheah & Hiram Ting & T. Ramayah & Mumtaz Ali Memon & Tat-Huei Cham & Enrico Ciavolino, 2019. "A comparison of five reflective–formative estimation approaches: reconsideration and recommendations for tourism research," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 1421-1458, May.
- Hamzeh Alizadeh & Bilal Farooq & Catherine Morency & Nicolas Saunier, 2018. "On the role of bridges as anchor points in route choice modeling," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(5), pages 1181-1206, September.
- Thorhauge, Mikkel & Swait, Joffre & Cherchi, Elisabetta, 2020. "The habit-driven life: Accounting for inertia in departure time choices for commuting trips," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 272-289.
- Potoglou, Dimitris & Palacios, Juan & Feijoo, Claudio & Gómez Barroso, Jose-Luis, 2015. "The supply of personal information: A study on the determinants of information provision in e-commerce scenarios," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127174, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Christian Wankmüller & Maximilian Kunovjanek & Robert Gennaro Sposato & Gerald Reiner, 2020. "Selecting E-Mobility Transport Solutions for Mountain Rescue Operations," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(24), pages 1-19, December.
- Randall Lewis & Dan Nguyen, 2015.
"Display advertising’s competitive spillovers to consumer search,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 93-115, June.
- Randall Lewis & Dan Nguyen, 2015. "Display advertising’s competitive spillovers to consumer search," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 93-115, June.
- Johanna Lena Dahlhausen & Cam Rungie & Jutta Roosen, 2018. "Value of labeling credence attributes—common structures and individual preferences," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(6), pages 741-751, November.
- Christian Nitzl & Wynne W. Chin, 2017. "The case of partial least squares (PLS) path modeling in managerial accounting research," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 137-156, May.
- Roy Allen & John Rehbeck, 2021. "A Generalization of Quantal Response Equilibrium via Perturbed Utility," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Ziliang Deng & Peter W Liesch & Zeyu Wang, 2021. "Deceptive signaling on globalized digital platforms: Institutional hypnosis and firm internationalization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 52(6), pages 1096-1120, August.
- Dokyun Lee & Kartik Hosanagar, 2021. "How Do Product Attributes and Reviews Moderate the Impact of Recommender Systems Through Purchase Stages?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(1), pages 524-546, January.
- Kim, Jinhee & Rasouli, Soora & Timmermans, Harry, 2014. "Expanding scope of hybrid choice models allowing for mixture of social influences and latent attitudes: Application to intended purchase of electric cars," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 71-85.
- Bleier, Alexander & Goldfarb, Avi & Tucker, Catherine, 2020. "Consumer privacy and the future of data-based innovation and marketing," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 466-480.
- Anna D’Annunzio & Antonio Russo, 2020. "Ad Networks and Consumer Tracking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(11), pages 5040-5058, November.
- Jin, Ginger Zhe & Wagman, Liad, 2021. "Big data at the crossroads of antitrust and consumer protection," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Mohamed M. Khalifa Tailab, 2020. "Using Importance-Performance Matrix Analysis to Evaluate the Financial Performance of American Banks During the Financial Crisis," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440209, January.
- Balogh, Péter & Török, Áron & Czine, Péter & Horváth, Péter, 2020. "A fogyasztói magatartás elemzése feltételes választási modellekkel - a mangalicakolbász példáján [Analysing consumer behaviour with conditional choice models, with Mangalica sausage as an example]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 474-494.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice modeling; Experiments; Structural equation modeling; Partial least squares; Path modeling;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:busres:v:12:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s40685-018-0072-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.