The elephant in the room: Predictive performance of PLS models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dijkstra, Theo, 1983. "Some comments on maximum likelihood and partial least squares methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 67-90.
- Monecke, Armin & Leisch, Friedrich, 2012. "semPLS: Structural Equation Modeling Using Partial Least Squares," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 48(i03).
- C. Vale & Vincent Maurelli, 1983. "Simulating multivariate nonnormal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 465-471, September.
- Lam, J. -P. & Veall, M. R., 2002. "Bootstrap prediction intervals for single period regression forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 125-130.
- Tenenhaus, Michel & Vinzi, Vincenzo Esposito & Chatelin, Yves-Marie & Lauro, Carlo, 2005. "PLS path modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 159-205, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Paul, Michael & Hennig-Thurau, Thorsten & Groth, Markus, 2015. "Tightening or loosening the “iron cage”? The impact of formal and informal display controls on service customers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1062-1073.
- Anan F. Srouji & Suzan R. Abed & Madher E. Hamdallah, 2019. "Banks performance and customers' satisfaction in relation to corporate social responsibility: mediating customer trust and spiritual leadership: what counts!," International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 19(3), pages 358-384.
- Sarstedt, Marko & Hair, Joseph F. & Ringle, Christian M. & Thiele, Kai O. & Gudergan, Siegfried P., 2016. "Estimation issues with PLS and CBSEM: Where the bias lies!," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 3998-4010.
- Pasquale Dolce & Natale Lauro, 2015. "Comparing maximum likelihood and PLS estimates for structural equation modeling with formative blocks," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 891-902, May.
- Jörg Henseler & Marko Sarstedt, 2013. "Goodness-of-fit indices for partial least squares path modeling," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 565-580, April.
- Reinartz, Werner & Haenlein, Michael & Henseler, Jörg, 2009. "An empirical comparison of the efficacy of covariance-based and variance-based SEM," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 332-344.
- Vittadini, Giorgio & Minotti, Simona C. & Fattore, Marco & Lovaglio, Pietro G., 2007.
"On the relationships among latent variables and residuals in PLS path modeling: The formative-reflective scheme,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 5828-5846, August.
- Giorgio Vittadini & Simona Caterina Minotti & Marco Fattore & Pietro Giorgio Lovaglio, 2005. "On the Relationships among Latent Variables and Residuals in PLS Path Modeling: the Formative-Reflective Scheme," Working Papers 20061101, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Oct 2006.
- B. Praag & T. Dijkstra & J. Velzen, 1985. "Least-squares theory based on general distributional assumptions with an application to the incomplete observations problem," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 25-36, March.
- Chen, Shih-Chih & Hung, Chung-Wen, 2016. "Elucidating the factors influencing the acceptance of green products: An extension of theory of planned behavior," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 155-163.
- Huang, Shih-Chieh & Lo, Shang-Lien & Lin, Yen-Ching, 2013. "Application of a fuzzy cognitive map based on a structural equation model for the identification of limitations to the development of wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 851-861.
- José Roberto Frega & Alex Antonio Ferraresi & Carlos Olavo Quandt & Claudimar Pereira da Veiga, 2018. "Relationships Among Knowledge Management, Organisational Innovativeness and Performance: Covariance-Based Versus Partial Least-Squares Structural Equation Modelling," Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (JIKM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 17(01), pages 1-19, March.
- Headrick, Todd C. & Sheng, Yanyan & Hodis, Flaviu-Adrian, 2007. "Numerical Computing and Graphics for the Power Method Transformation Using Mathematica," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 19(i03).
- Mosteller, Jill & Donthu, Naveen & Eroglu, Sevgin, 2014. "The fluent online shopping experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2486-2493.
- Mohsin, Asad & Lengler, Jorge & Aguzzoli, Roberta, 2015. "Staff turnover in hotels: Exploring the quadratic and linear relationships," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 35-48.
- Jakobowicz, Emmanuel & Derquenne, Christian, 2007. "A modified PLS path modeling algorithm handling reflective categorical variables and a new model building strategy," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 3666-3678, May.
- Petschnig, Martin & Heidenreich, Sven & Spieth, Patrick, 2014. "Innovative alternatives take action – Investigating determinants of alternative fuel vehicle adoption," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 68-83.
- Mohammad Iranmanesh & Suhaiza Zailani & Soroush Moeinzadeh & Davoud Nikbin, 2017. "Effect of green innovation on job satisfaction of electronic and electrical manufacturers’ employees through job intensity: personal innovativeness as moderator," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 299-313, March.
- Michel, TENENHAUS, 2007. "Structural Equation Modelling for small samples," HEC Research Papers Series 885, HEC Paris.
- Bettiga, Debora & Lamberti, Lucio & Noci, Giuliano, 2017. "Do mind and body agree? Unconscious versus conscious arousal in product attitude formation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 108-117.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Yamagata, Takashi, 2012. "Testing CAPM with a Large Number of Assets," IZA Discussion Papers 6469, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsPartial least squares; Path modeling; Prediction; Predictive performance; Out-of-sample prediction; Case-wise prediction;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:69:y:2016:i:10:p:4552-4564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.