Predicting the intention to use consumer-generated media for travel planning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Viswanath Venkatesh, 2000. "Determinants of Perceived Ease of Use: Integrating Control, Intrinsic Motivation, and Emotion into the Technology Acceptance Model," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 342-365, December.
- Ha, Sejin & Stoel, Leslie, 2009. "Consumer e-shopping acceptance: Antecedents in a technology acceptance model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 565-571, May.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Xiang, Zheng & Gretzel, Ulrike, 2010. "Role of social media in online travel information search," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-188.
- Hung, Kam & Law, Rob, 2011. "An overview of Internet-based surveys in hospitality and tourism journals," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 717-724.
- Kam-hon Lee & Guang Yang & John L Graham, 2006. "Tension and trust in international business negotiations: American executives negotiating with Chinese executives," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(5), pages 623-641, September.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. "The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Qu, Hailin & Lee, Haeyoung, 2011. "Travelers’ social identification and membership behaviors in online travel community," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1262-1270.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Scott, Stephanie & Hughes, Paul & Hodgkinson, Ian & Kraus, Sascha, 2019. "Technology adoption factors in the digitization of popular culture: Analyzing the online gambling market," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Mohammad Tipu Sultan & Farzana Sharmin & Alina Badulescu & Darie Gavrilut & Ke Xue, 2021. "Social Media-Based Content towards Image Formation: A New Approach to the Selection of Sustainable Destinations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-22, April.
- Nedra, Bahri-Ammari & Hadhri, Walid & Mezrani, Mariem, 2019. "Determinants of customers' intentions to use hedonic networks: The case of Instagram," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 21-32.
- Yu Wang & Shanyong Wang & Jing Wang & Jiuchang Wei & Chenglin Wang, 2020. "An empirical study of consumers’ intention to use ride-sharing services: using an extended technology acceptance model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 397-415, February.
- Al-Qeisi, Kholoud & Dennis, Charles & Alamanos, Eleftherios & Jayawardhena, Chanaka, 2014. "Website design quality and usage behavior: Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2282-2290.
- McLean, Graeme & Osei-Frimpong, Kofi & Al-Nabhani, Khalid & Marriott, Hannah, 2020. "Examining consumer attitudes towards retailers' m-commerce mobile applications – An initial adoption vs. continuous use perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 139-157.
- Junic Kim, 2018. "Platform Adoption Factors in the Internet Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-12, September.
- Liébana-Cabanillas, Francisco & Marinkovic, Veljko & Ramos de Luna, Iviane & Kalinic, Zoran, 2018. "Predicting the determinants of mobile payment acceptance: A hybrid SEM-neural network approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 117-130.
- Yoon, Jeewhan & Vonortas, Nicholas S. & Han, SungWon, 2020. "Do-It-Yourself laboratories and attitude toward use: The effects of self-efficacy and the perception of security and privacy," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 159(C).
- Donglin Han & Huiying (Cynthia) Hou & Hao Wu & Joseph H. K. Lai, 2021. "Modelling Tourists’ Acceptance of Hotel Experience-Enhancement Smart Technologies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-19, April.
- Mariani, Marcello M. & Ek Styven, Maria & Teulon, Fréderic, 2021. "Explaining the intention to use digital personal data stores: An empirical study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 166(C).
- Julian M. Müller, 2019. "Comparing Technology Acceptance for Autonomous Vehicles, Battery Electric Vehicles, and Car Sharing—A Study across Europe, China, and North America," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-17, August.
- Ainsworth, Jeremy & Ballantine, Paul W., 2017. "Consumersâ€™ cognitive response to website change," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 56-66.
- Pookulangara, Sanjukta & Koesler, Kristian, 2011. "Cultural influence on consumers' usage of social networks and its' impact on online purchase intentions," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 348-354.
- Iviane Ramos-de-Luna & Francisco Montoro-Ríos & Francisco Liébana-Cabanillas, 2016. "Determinants of the intention to use NFC technology as a payment system: an acceptance model approach," Information Systems and e-Business Management, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 293-314, May.
- Mütterlein, Joschka & Kunz, Reinhard E. & Baier, Daniel, 2019. "Effects of lead-usership on the acceptance of media innovations: A mobile augmented reality case," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 113-124.
- Hsiu-Yuan Wang, 2016. "Predicting customers’ intentions to check in on Facebook while patronizing hospitality firms," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 10(1), pages 201-222, March.
- Pedro R. Palos-Sanchez & José M. Hernandez-Mogollon & Ana M. Campon-Cerro, 2017. "The Behavioral Response to Location Based Services: An Examination of the Influence of Social and Environmental Benefits, and Privacy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-21, October.
- Yajiong Xue & Huigang Liang & Liansheng Wu, 2011. "Punishment, Justice, and Compliance in Mandatory IT Settings," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 400-414, June.
- Schmidthuber, Lisa & Maresch, Daniela & Ginner, Michael, 2020. "Disruptive technologies and abundance in the service sector - toward a refined technology acceptance model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 155(C).
More about this item
KeywordsUser-generated content; Social media; Travelers; Technology acceptance model; Similarity of interest; Enjoyment; Partial Least Squares (PLS);
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:35:y:2013:i:c:p:132-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.