Interregional migration, self-selection and the returns to education in Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 46 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004.
"Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants? Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants,"
NBER Working Papers
10633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are migrants more skilled than non-migrants? Repeat, return, and same-employer migrants," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 830-849, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants?: Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 422, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002.
"Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets,"
RCER Working Papers
488, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002. "Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2367-2420, November.
- Gordon Dahl, 1997. "Mobility and the Returns to Education: Testing A Roy Model With Multiple Markets," Working Papers 760, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2002.
"International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
9242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2005. "International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 239-281, April.
- Marcio Laurini & Eduardo Andrade & Pedro L. Valls Pereira, 2005.
"Income convergence clubs for Brazilian Municipalities: a non-parametric analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(18), pages 2099-2118.
- MÃ¡rcio Laurini & Eduardo Andrade, 2004. "Income Convergence Clubs for Brazilian Municipalities: a Non-Parametric Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 51, Econometric Society.
- Fiess, Norbert M. & Verner, Dorte, 2003. "Migration and human capital in Brazil during the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3093, The World Bank.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992.
"Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992. "Self-selection and internal migration in the United States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Graham, Douglas H, 1970. "Divergent and Convergent Regional Economic Growth and Internal Migration in Brazil-1940-1960," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 362-82, April.
- Yap, Lorene Y L, 1976. "Internal Migration and Economic Development in Brazil," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 119-37, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:46:y:2011:i:3:p:707-732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.