Interregional migration, self-selection and the returns to education in Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 46 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fiess, Norbert M. & Verner, Dorte, 2003. "Migration and human capital in Brazil during the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3093, The World Bank.
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2002.
"International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
9242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2005. "International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 239-281, April.
- Marcio Laurini & Eduardo Andrade & Pedro L. Valls Pereira, 2005.
"Income convergence clubs for Brazilian Municipalities: a non-parametric analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(18), pages 2099-2118.
- MÃ¡rcio Laurini & Eduardo Andrade, 2004. "Income Convergence Clubs for Brazilian Municipalities: a Non-Parametric Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 51, Econometric Society.
- Lorene Yap, 1976. "Internal Migration and Economic Development in Brazil," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(1), pages 119-137.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992.
"Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992. "Self-selection and internal migration in the United States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002.
"Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2367-2420, November.
- Gordon Dahl, 1997. "Mobility and the Returns to Education: Testing A Roy Model With Multiple Markets," Working Papers 760, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002. "Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets," RCER Working Papers 488, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004.
"Are migrants more skilled than non-migrants? Repeat, return, and same-employer migrants,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 830-849, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants? Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," NBER Working Papers 10633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2004. "Are Migrants More Skilled than Non-Migrants?: Repeat, Return and Same-Employer Migrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 422, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Graham, Douglas H, 1970. "Divergent and Convergent Regional Economic Growth and Internal Migration in Brazil-1940-1960," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 362-82, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:46:y:2011:i:3:p:707-732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.