Growth of new firms and spatially bounded knowledge externalities
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 46 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.com/journal/168|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2007. "Firm location decisions, regional grants and agglomeration externalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3-4), pages 413-435, April.
- Frank G. van Oort & Oedzge A. L. C. Atzema, 2004. "On the conceptualization of agglomeration economies: The case of new firm formation in the Dutch ICT sector," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2), pages 263-290, 06.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2007. "The Theory of Knowledge Spillover Entrepreneurship," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1242-1254, November.
- Teece, David J., 1986.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- Pier Saviotti & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Economic development by the creation of new sectors," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-35, January.
- J. Knoben, 2009. "Localized inter-organizational linkages, agglomeration effects, and the innovative performance of firms," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 757-779, September.
- Breschi, Stefano & Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2000. "Technological Regimes and Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 388-410, April.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O N, 1993. "Employment Growth and Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 153-59, May.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Attila Varga, 2000. "Local Academic Knowledge Transfers and the Concentration of Economic Activity," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 289-309.
- Otto Raspe & Frank van Oort, 2006.
"The Knowledge Economy and Urban Economic Growth,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
0607, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Apr 2006.
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & Raspe, O., 2010. "Agglomeration and New Establishment Survival: A Mixed Hierarchical and Cross-Classified Model," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2010-018-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Jun Koo, 2005. "Agglomeration and spillovers in a simultaneous framework," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1), pages 35-47, 03.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch, . "The Missing Link," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-08, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitry Vinogradov, 2014.
"Knowledge Intensive business services: the Russian experience,"
CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», vol. 8(4 (eng)), pages 24-39.
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitry Vinogradov, 2014. "Knowledge Intensive Business Services: The Russian Experience," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 8(4), pages 24-39.
- Audretsch, David B. & Mata, Jose, 1995. "The post-entry performance of firms: Introduction," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 413-419, December.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Satyajit Chatterjee & Robert M. Hunt, 2006.
"Urban density and the rate of invention,"
06-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Silviano Esteve-Pérez & Juan Mañez-Castillejo, 2008. "The Resource-Based Theory of the Firm and Firm Survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 231-249, March.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998.
"Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999. "Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- André van Stel & Niels Bosma & Kashifa Suddle, 2006. "The Geography of New Firm Formation: Evidence from Independent Start-ups and New Subsidiaries in the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H200615, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Stam, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policy,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2008-006, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 2003.
"Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
56, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 2003. "Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 377-393, May.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 1999. "Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 14, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Mare, David C, 2001.
"Cities and Skills,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 316-42, April.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Audretsch, David B., 1995. "Innovation, growth and survival," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 441-457, December.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Location: A Neglected Determinant of Firm Growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(1), pages 79-107, April.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Michael Fritsch, 2004. "Cooperation and the efficiency of regional R&D activities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(6), pages 829-846, November.
- Sena, Vania, 2004. "Total factor productivity and the spillover hypothesis: Some new evidence," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 31-42, November.
- Vernon Henderson, J., 2007. "Understanding knowledge spillovers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 497-508, July.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991.
"Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- Stuart, Toby & Sorenson, Olav, 2003. "The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Bettencourt, Luis M.A. & Lobo, Jose & Strumsky, Deborah, 2007. "Invention in the city: Increasing returns to patenting as a scaling function of metropolitan size," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 107-120, February.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Döring, Thomas & Schnellenbach, Jan, 2004.
"What Do We Know About Geographical Knowledge Spillovers and Regional Growth? A Survey of the Literature,"
14, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Thomas Doring & Jan Schnellenbach, 2006. "What do we know about geographical knowledge spillovers and regional growth?: A survey of the literature," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 375-395.
- Weterings, Anet & Koster, Sierdjan, 2007. "Inheriting knowledge and sustaining relationships: What stimulates the innovative performance of small software firms in the Netherlands?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 320-335, April.
- Raspe, Otto & van Oort, Frank, 2008. "Firm Growth and Localized Knowledge Externalities," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:46:y:2011:i:3:p:495-518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.