Consumers’ willingness to pay for natural food: evidence from an artefactual field experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard, 2004. "Revealing consumers' willingness-to-pay: A comparison of the BDM mechanism and the Vickrey auction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 725-741, December.
- Giuseppina Migliore & Vittorio Farina & Salvatore Tinervia & Giovanni Matranga & Giorgio Schifani, 2017. "Consumer interest towards tropical fruit: factors affecting avocado fruit consumption in Italy," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Lunardo, Renaud & Saintives, Camille, 2013. "The effect of naturalness claims on perceptions of food product naturalness in the point of purchase," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 529-537.
- Rousu Matthew C. & Corrigan Jay R., 2008. "Estimating the Welfare Loss to Consumers When Food Labels Do Not Adequately Inform: An Application to Fair Trade Certification," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-26, May.
- Chrysochou, Polymeros & Grunert, Klaus G., 2014. "Health-related ad information and health motivation effects on product evaluations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1209-1217.
- Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim, 2008. "Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 542-553, January.
- Pierre Chandon & Brian Wansink, 2007. "The Biasing Health Halos of Fast-Food Restaurant Health Claims: Lower Calorie Estimates and Higher Side-Dish Consumption Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 301-314, June.
- Daniel Kahneman & Jack L. Knetsch & Richard H. Thaler, 1991. "Anomalies: The Endowment Effect, Loss Aversion, and Status Quo Bias," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 193-206, Winter.
- McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2017. "Willingness-to-pay for natural, organic, and conventional foods: The effects of information and meaningful labels," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 214-232.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- József Tóth & Giuseppina Migliore & Giorgio Schifani & Giuseppina Rizzo, 2020. "Sustainable Value Creation in the Food Chain: A Consumer Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-1, February.
- Giuseppina Rizzo & Massimiliano Borrello & Giovanni Dara Guccione & Giorgio Schifani & Luigi Cembalo, 2020. "Organic Food Consumption: The Relevance of the Health Attribute," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-1, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- My, Nguyen H.D. & Demont, Matty & Van Loo, Ellen J. & de Guia, Annalyn & Rutsaert, Pieter & Tuan, Tran Huu & Verbeke, Wim, 2018. "What is the value of sustainably-produced rice? Consumer evidence from experimental auctions in Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 283-296.
- Jie, Yun, 2018. "Prepayment effect: Prepayment with clawback increases task participation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 210-218.
- A Banerji and Jeevant Rampal, 2015. "Loss Aversion And Willingness To Pay For New Products," Working papers 249, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Laurent Muller & Bernard Ruffieux, 2011.
"Do price-tags influence consumers’ willingness to pay? On the external validity of using auctions for measuring value,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(2), pages 181-202, May.
- Muller, L. & Ruffieux, B., 2010. "Do price-tags influence consumers' willingness to pay ? On external validity of using auctions for measuring value," Working Papers 201003, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Shosh Shahrabani & Uri Benzion & Tal Shavit, 2008. "WTP and WTA in competitive and non-competitive environments," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 153-161, February.
- Christopher Berry & Scot Burton & Elizabeth Howlett, 2017. "It’s only natural: the mediating impact of consumers’ attribute inferences on the relationships between product claims, perceived product healthfulness, and purchase intentions," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 45(5), pages 698-719, September.
- Skuza, Nathan & McCracken, Vicki & Ellis, Joan, 2015. "Compensation Fees And Willingness To Pay: A Field Experiment On Organic Apples," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 1-13, July.
- A. Banerji & Jeevant Rampal, 2020. "Reverse Endowment Effect for a New Product," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(3), pages 786-805, May.
- Hüttel, Alexandra & Balderjahn, Ingo & Hoffmann, Stefan, 2020. "Welfare Beyond Consumption: The Benefits of Having Less," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Vlaeminck, Pieter & Vranken, Liesbet, 2015. "Do labels capture consumers’ actual willingness to pay for Fair Trade characteristics?," Working Papers 206438, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Claudia Symmank, 2019. "Extrinsic and intrinsic food product attributes in consumer and sensory research: literature review and quantification of the findings," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 39-74, February.
- Rousu, Matthew C. & Marette, Stéphan & Thrasher, James F. & Lusk, Jayson L., 2014.
"The economic value to smokers of graphic warning labels on cigarettes: Evidence from combining market and experimental auction data,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 123-134.
- Matthew C. Rousu & Stephan Marette & James F. Thrasher & Jayson L. Lusk, 2014. "The economic value to smokers of graphic warning labels on cigarettes: evidence from combining Mmarket and experimental auction data," Post-Print hal-01173058, HAL.
- Philippe Fevrier & Sebastien Gay, 2005. "Informed Consent Versus Presumed Consent The Role of the Family in Organ Donations," HEW 0509007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wiebke Roß & Jens Weghake, 2018. "Wa(h)re Liebe: Was Online-Dating-Plattformen über zweiseitige Märkte lehren," TUC Working Papers in Economics 0017, Abteilung für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Clausthal (Department of Economics, Technical University Clausthal).
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009.
"A theory of reference-dependent behavior,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 40(3), pages 427-455, September.
- José Apesteguía & Miguel A. Ballester, 2004. "A Theory Of Reference-Dependent Beavior," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0402, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2007. "A theory of reference-dependent behavior," Economics Working Papers 1056, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ángel Ballester, 2007. "A Theory of Reference-Dependent Behavior," Working Papers 323, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Tasoff, Joshua & Letzler, Robert, 2014. "Everyone believes in redemption: Nudges and overoptimism in costly task completion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 107-122.
- Franziska Voelckner, 2006. "An empirical comparison of methods for measuring consumers’ willingness to pay," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 137-149, April.
- Boyce, Christopher & Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Hanley, Nick, 2019.
"Personality and economic choices,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 82-100.
- Christopher Boyce & Mikolaj Czajkowski & Nick Hanley, 2017. "Personality and Economic Choices," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2017-08, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Christopher Boyce & Mikołaj Czajkowski & Nick Hanley, 2017. "Personality and Economic Choices," Working Papers 2017-11, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Botond Kőszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2006.
"A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1133-1165.
- Botond Koszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2004. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0407001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koszegi, Botond & Rabin, Matthew, 2004. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0w82b6nm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Botond Koszegi & Matthew Rabin, 2005. "A Model of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000341, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Heavey, Emily & Baxter, Kate & Birks, Yvonne, 2019. "Financial advice for funding later life care: a scoping review of evidence from England," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 91497, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsCredence attributes; Chewing gum; BDM; Willingness to pay; Information effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agfoec:v:6:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-018-0117-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.