Mobility and Mean Reversion in the Dynamics of Regional Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Dumond, J Michael & Hirsch, Barry T & Macpherson, David A, 1999.
"Wage Differentials across Labor Markets and Workers: Does Cost of Living Matter?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 577-598, October.
- DuMond J.M. & Hisch, B.T. & Macpherson, D.A., 1996. "Wage Differentials Across Labor Markets and Workers: Does Cost of Living Matter?," Working Papers 1996_08_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Eoin O'Leary, 2001. "Convergence of Living Standards Among Irish Regions: The Roles of Productivity, Profit Outflows and Demography, 1960-1996," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 197-205.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2006. "Convergence forward and backward?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 47-51, July.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X., 1996.
"Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1325-1352, June.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," Economics Working Papers 104, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994. "Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ron Martin, 2001.
"EMU versus the regions? Regional convergence and divergence in Euroland,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 51-80, January.
- Ron Martin, 2000. "Emu Versus The Regions? Regional Convergence And Divergence In Euroland," Working Papers wp179, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Koo, Jahyeong & Phillips, Keith R & Sigalla, Fiona D, 2000. "Measuring Regional Cost of Living," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 127-136, January.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Richard Johnston & Martin McKinney & Tom Stark, 1996. "Regional Price Level Variations and Real Household Incomes in the United Kingdom, 1979/80-1993," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 567-578.
- Peter Hayes, 2005. "Estimating UK regional price indices, 1974-96," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 333-344.
- Chatterji, Monojit, 1992. "Convergence Clubs and Endogenous Growth," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 57-69, Winter.
- Saul Lach, 2002.
"Existence And Persistence Of Price Dispersion: An Empirical Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 433-444, August.
- Saul Lach, 2002. "Existence and Persistence of Price Dispersion: an Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 8737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brezis, Elise S & Krugman, Paul R & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1993. "Leapfrogging in International Competition: A Theory of Cycles in National Technological Leadership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1211-1219, December.
- Steven C. Deller & Martin Shields & David Tomberlin, 1996. "Price Differentials And Trends In State Income Levels: A Research Note," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 99-113, Summer.
- Michael Beenstock, 2004. "Rank And Quantity Mobility In The Empirical Dynamics Of Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 50(4), pages 519-541, December.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002.
"Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, April.
- Luciana M.S. Servo & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Luciana M.S. Servo, 2002. "Education, cost of living and regional wage inequality in Brazil," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 157-175, April.
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2001. "Regional Convergence and Common, Stochastic Long-run Trends: A Re-examination of the US Regional Data," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 689-696.
- Bishop, John A & Formby, John P & Thistle, Paul D, 1994. "Convergence and Divergence of Regional Income Distributions and Welfare," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 228-235, May.
- Farber, Stephen C & Newman, Robert J, 1989. "Regional Wage Differentials and the Spatial Convergence of Worker Characteristic Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 224-231, May.
- Helmut Hofer & Andreas Worgotter, 1997. "Regional Per Capita Income Convergence in Austria," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 1-12.
- Biewen, Martin, 2002. "Bootstrap inference for inequality, mobility and poverty measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 317-342, June.
- Ram, Rati, 1992. "Interstate Income Inequality in the United States: Measurement, Modelling and Some Characteristics," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 38(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2000. "Regional Growth and Convergence: Evidence from the United States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 231-238.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2003.
"Market integration in Russia during the transformation years,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 411-434, September.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2002. "Market Integration in Russia During the Transformation Years," Economics Series 116, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Michael Beenstock & Daniel Felsenstein, 2008. "Regional Heterogeneity, Conditional Convergence and Regional Inequality," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 475-488.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1994. "Economic distance and overlapping of distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 147-159, March.
- M. Chatterji & J. H. Ll. Dewhurst, 1996. "Convergence Clubs and Relative Economic Performance in Great Britain: 1977-1991," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 31-39.
- Esaka, Taro, 2003. "Panel unit root tests of purchasing power parity between Japanese cities, 1960-1998: disaggregated price data," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 233-244, April.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & BegoÃ±a GarcÃa-Greciano & JosÃ© Luis Raymond, 1999. "Regional Convergence in Productivity and Productive Structure: The Spanish Case," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 22(1), pages 35-53, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat & Victoria Kravtsova, 2011.
"In Search of ‘ W ’,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 249-270, February.
- Harris, Richard & Kravtsova, Victoria, 2009. "In search of 'W'," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33208, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Harris & Victoria Kravtsova, 2009. "In Search of W," SERC Discussion Papers 0017, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Michael Beenstock & Daniel Felsenstein, 2005. "Regional Heterogenity and Conditional Convergence," ERSA conference papers ersa05p307, European Regional Science Association.
- Rey, Sergio, 2016. "Space-time patterns of rank concordance: Local indicators of mobility association with application to spatial income inequality dynamics," MPRA Paper 69480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin & Karandashova, Maria, 2016. "Price Levels across Russian Regions," MPRA Paper 75041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Felsenstein, 2011. "Capital Deepening and Regional Inequality: An Empirical Analysis (refereed paper)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p759, European Regional Science Association.
- Portnov, Boris A. & Felsenstein, Daniel, 2010. "On the suitability of income inequality measures for regional analysis: Some evidence from simulation analysis and bootstrapping tests," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 212-219, December.
- Braude, Kobi & Navon, Guy, 2006.
"הגירה פנימית בישראל
[Internal Migration in Israel]," MPRA Paper 9711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsregional inequality; Gini mobility; regional convergence; relative mobility; absolute mobility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:inrsre:v:30:y:2007:i:4:p:335-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.