Market integration in Russia during the transformation years
A cross-sectional relationship among Russian regions between price dispersion and per capita income dispersion is used to measure the degree of integration between regional commodity markets. The sequence of cross-sectional estimations for each month of the period spanning 1992 through 2000 provides the temporal pattern of market integration in Russia, yielding an integration trajectory. The regional fragmentation of the national market increased during the early years of transition but integration has subsequently tended to improve notwithstanding occasional deviations from this trend. Copyright (c) The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, 2003.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (09)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One Exchange Square, London EC2A 2JN|
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0967-0750
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0967-0750|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Глущенко К.П., 2001.
"Пространственное Поведение Уровней Цен,"
Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ),
Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 37(3), июль.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David N. DeJong, 2000.
"The Evolution of Market Integration in Russia,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
334, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Thomas J. Grennes & Christine McCurdy, 1999. "Spatial price dynamics and integration in russian food markets," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 157-193.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2003.
"Market integration in Russia during the transformation years,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 411-434, 09.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2002. "Market Integration in Russia During the Transformation Years," Economics Series 116, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- David C. Parsley & Shang-Jin Wei, 1996.
"Convergence to the Law of One Price Without Trade Barriers or Currency Fluctuations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1211-1236.
- David C. Parsley & Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Convergence to the Law of One Price Without Trade Barriers or Currency Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 5654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glushchenko Konstantin, 2002.
"Common Russian Market: Myth rather than Reality,"
EERC Working Paper Series
01-11e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2004. "Analysing changes in market integration through a cross-sectional test for the law of one price," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 135-149.
- Vincent Koen & Steven Phillips, 1992. "Price Liberalization in Russia; The Early Record," IMF Working Papers 92/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 1997.
"Nonlinear Aspects of Goods-Market Arbitrage and Adjustment: Heckscher's Commodity Points Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
6053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 1997. "Nonlinear Aspects of Goods-Market Arbitrage and Adjustment: Heckscher's Commodity Points Revisited," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 441-479, December.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 1997. "Nonlinear Aspects of Goods-Market Arbitrage and Adjustment: Heckscher's Commodity Points Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 1672, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld and Alan M. Taylor., 1997. "Nonlinear Aspects of Goods-Market Arbitrage and Adjustment: Heckscher's Commodity Points Revisited," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C97-088, University of California at Berkeley.
- Paula De Masi & Vincent Koen, 1995.
"Relative Price Convergence in Russia,"
IMF Working Papers
95/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Paula De Masi & Vincent Koen, 1997. "Prices in the Transition; Ten Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 97/158, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:11:y:2003:i:3:p:411-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.