Financial Applications of Copula-Models
The paper aims at introducing copula-models' concepts and its application to solving such financials programs as risk measurement, risk hedging, portfolio optimization, derivatives pricing and duration models evaluation. For the purpose the copula definition is firstly introduced. Then different copula families, model estimation and inference techniques are discussed. A detailed review of relevant literature is provided. Finally the unresolved issues are presented that might well become the subjects of further research.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002. "Use of Archimedean Copulas to Model Portfolio Allocations, The," Staff General Research Papers 5223, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bruno Rémillard & Olivier Scaillet, 2006.
"Testing For Equality Between Two Copulas,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
07-24, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "An Econometric Analysis of Financial Data in Risk Management," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 10(2), pages 91-137.
- Fantazzini , Dean, 2009. "Econometric Analysis of Financial Data in Risk Management," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 14(2), pages 100-127.
- Huffer, Fred W. & Park, Cheolyong, 2007. "A test for elliptical symmetry," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 256-281, February.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 239-46, August.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2009. "The effects of misspecified marginals and copulas on computing the value at risk: A Monte Carlo study," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2168-2188, April.
- Ng, Wing Lon, 2008. "Modeling duration clusters with dynamic copulas," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 96-103, June.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Margarita Genius, 2004. "The Copula Approach to Sample Selection Modelling: An Application to the Recreational Value of Forests," Working Papers 2004.73, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Niall Whelan, 2004. "Sampling from Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 339-352.
- Cornelia Savu & Wing Lon Ng, 2005. "The SCoD Model: Analyzing Durations with a Semiparametric Copula Approach-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 5(1-2), pages 55-74.
- Hofert, Marius, 2008. "Sampling Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5163-5174, August.
- Robert T. Clemen & Terence Reilly, 1999. "Correlations and Copulas for Decision and Risk Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 208-224, February.
- Murray D. Smith, 2003. "Modelling sample selection using Archimedean copulas," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 99-123, 06.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "Econometric Analysis of Financial Data in Risk Management (continuation). Section III: Managing Operational Risk," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 11(3), pages 87-122.
- Thierry Ane & Cecile Kharoubi, 2003. "Dependence Structure and Risk Measure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Joshua V. Rosenberg & Til Schuermann, 2004.
"A general approach to integrated risk management with skewed, fat-tailed risks,"
185, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Rosenberg, Joshua V. & Schuermann, Til, 2006. "A general approach to integrated risk management with skewed, fat-tailed risks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 569-614, March.
- Lai, YiHao & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard, 2009. "Optimal dynamic hedging via copula-threshold-GARCH models," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 2609-2624.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2008. "Construction of asymmetric multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2234-2250, November.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- van den Goorbergh, Rob W.J. & Genest, Christian & Werker, Bas J.M., 2005. "Bivariate option pricing using dynamic copula models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 101-114, August.
- Aas, Kjersti & Czado, Claudia & Frigessi, Arnoldo & Bakken, Henrik, 2009. "Pair-copula constructions of multiple dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 182-198, April.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- Cecchetti, Stephen G & Cumby, Robert E & Figlewski, Stephen, 1988.
"Estimation of the Optimal Futures Hedge,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 623-30, November.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Cornelia Savu & Mark Trede, 2008. "Goodness-of-fit tests for parametric families of Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 109-116.
- Kim, Gunky & Silvapulle, Mervyn J. & Silvapulle, Paramsothy, 2007. "Comparison of semiparametric and parametric methods for estimating copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2836-2850, March.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "Credit Risk Management," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 12(4), pages 84-137.
- Sun, Jiafeng & Frees, Edward W. & Rosenberg, Marjorie A., 2008. "Heavy-tailed longitudinal data modeling using copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 817-830, April.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- Brodsky, Boris & Penikas, Henry & Safaryan, Irina, 2009. "Detection of Structural Breaks in Copula Models," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 16(4), pages 3-15.
- Robert J. Myers & Steven D. Hanson, 1996. "Optimal Dynamic Hedging in Unbiased Futures Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 13-20.
- Genest, Christian & Nešlehová, Johanna, 2007. "A Primer on Copulas for Count Data," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 475-515, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2010:i:7:p:24-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.