Labour market institutions, learning and self-employment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fonseca, Raquel & Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Sopraseuth, Thepthida, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship, Wealth, Liquidity Constraints and Start-up Costs,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2874, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raquel Fonseca & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Thepthida Sopraseuth, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Wealth, Liquidity Constraints and Start-up Costs," Working Papers 500, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Neumark, David & Wascher, William L., 2007.
"Minimum Wages and Employment,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics,
now publishers, vol. 3(1–2), pages 1-182, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521464673 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2005.
"Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 693-709, December.
- Gorg, Holger & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Spillovers from foreign firms through worker mobility: An empirical investigation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 89, Royal Economic Society.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Spillovers From Foreign Firms Through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 591, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 463, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 1998. "Ethnicity and Self-Employment in Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 383-407, August.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1983. "Implicit Labor Contracts and Free Entry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 55-105, Supplemen.
- Kanbur, S. M., 1981.
"Risk taking and taxation : An alternative perspective,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 163-184, April.
- Kanbur, S.M, 1978. "Risk Taking and Taxation : An Alternative Perspective," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 136, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Tito Boeri & Michael Burda, 2004.
"Preferences for Rigid versus Individualized Wage Setting in Search Economies with Frictions,"
262, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Boeri, Tito & Burda, Michael C., 2004. "Preferences for Rigid versus Individualized Wage Setting in Search Economies with Frictions," IZA Discussion Papers 1133, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simon C Parker, .
"The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-18, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Parker, Simon C., 2005. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 1-54, May.
- David G. Blanchflower, 2000.
"Self-Employment in OECD Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
7486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Parker & Jonathan Rougier, 2007. "The retirement behaviour of the self-employed in Britain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 697-713.
- Belot, Michèle & van Ours, Jan C., 2000.
"Does the Recent Success of Some OECD Countries in Lowering their Unemployment Rates Lie in the Clever Design of their Labour Market Reform?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
147, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michèle Belot & Jan C. van Ours, 2004. "Does the recent success of some OECD countries in lowering their unemployment rates lie in the clever design of their labor market reforms?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 621-642, October.
- Belot, M.V.K. & van Ours, J.C., 2000. "Does the Recent Success of some OECD Countries in Lowering their Unemployment Rates lie in the Clever Design of their Labour Market Reforms?," Discussion Paper 2000-40, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Belot, Michèle & van Ours, Jan C, 2000. "Does the Recent Success of some OECD Countries in Lowering their Unemployment Rates lie in the Clever Design of their Labour Market Reforms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Sheshinski, Eytan & Dreze, Jacques H, 1976.
"Demand Fluctuations, Capacity Utilization, and Costs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 731-42, December.
- SEHSHINSKI, Eytan & DREZE, Jacques H., . "Demand fluctuations, capacity utilization and costs," CORE Discussion Papers RP -279, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marco Cagetti & Mariacristina De Nardi, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship, frictions, and wealth,"
Working Paper Series
WP-05-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Fonseca, Raquel & Lopez-Garcia, Paloma & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Entrepreneurship, start-up costs and employment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 692-705, May.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1999. "Gross job flows," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2711-2805 Elsevier.
- repec:att:wimass:8827 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1986.
"The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants,"
NBER Working Papers
1942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990.
"A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-94, April.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1983. "Taxation and risk taking in general equilibrium models with free entry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 159-181, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521828130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruce, Donald & Schuetze, Herbert J., 2004. "The labor market consequences of experience in self-employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 575-598, October.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:35:y:2010:i:1:p:35-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.