Demand fluctuations, capacity utilization and costs
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Note:||In : The American Economic Review, 66(5), 731-742, 1976|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Sheshinski, Eytan & Dreze, Jacques H, 1976. "Demand Fluctuations, Capacity Utilization, and Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 731-742, December.
- Anette Boom & Stefan Buehler, 2007. "Restructuring Electricity Markets when Demand is Uncertain: Effects on Capacity Investments, Prices and Welfare," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 2004.
"The merits of horizontal versus vertical FDI in the presence of uncertainty,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 125-148, January.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy Marion, 2001. "The Merits of Horizontal versus Vertical FDI in the Presence of Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 8631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Waka Cheung & Yew-Kwang Ng, 2007. "Duality in an Industry with Fluctuating Demand," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 8(2), pages 229-250, November.
- Waka Cheung & Yew-Kwang Ng, 2007. "Duality in an Industry with Fluctuating Demand," Monash Economics Working Papers 37-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 1991. "The Theory of Allocation and Its Implications for Marketing and Industrial Structure," NBER Working Papers 3786, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nuria Villalba Villalba, 2006. "Cost Flexibility and Firm Size: An Application to Spanish Manufacturing," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 429-446.
- Rezza, Alief A., 2013. "FDI and pollution havens: Evidence from the Norwegian manufacturing sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 140-149.
- Gaynor, Martin & Anderson, Gerard F., 1995. "Uncertain demand, the structure of hospital costs, and the cost of empty hospital beds," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 291-317, August.
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1993. "Uncertain Demand, The Structure of Hospital Costs, and the Cost of EmptyHospital Beds," NBER Working Papers 4460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veronika Grimm & Gregor Zoettl, 2006. "Capacity Choice under Uncertainty: The Impact of Market Structure," Working Paper Series in Economics 23, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Vagliasindi, Maria, 2006. "Capacity utilization of the Kazakhstani firms and the Russian financial crisis: A panel data analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 231-248, October.
- Manu Goyal & Serguei Netessine, 2011. "Volume Flexibility, Product Flexibility, or Both: The Role of Demand Correlation and Product Substitution," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 180-193, March.
- Drèze, Jacques H., 1979. "La prise de décision en situation d’incertitude," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 55(2), pages 129-150, avril.
- Fluet, Claude & Phaneuf, Louis, 1997. "Price adjustment costs and the effect of endogenous technique on price stickiness," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 245-257, February.
- Roberto Leombruni, 2002. "Non Price Interaction and Business Fluctuations in an Agent Based Model of Firms’ Demography," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 17, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Ekelund, Jesper & Johansson, Edvard & Jarvelin, Marjo-Riitta & Lichtermann, Dirk, 2005. "Self-employment and risk aversion--evidence from psychological test data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 649-659, October.
- Sophie Lecostey, 1992. "Incertitude, concurrence entre grandes et petites firmes et altération de la relation structure-performance," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 102(1), pages 11-25.
- Gruenspecht, Howard, 2002. "Regulatory Tailoring, Reliability, and Price Volatility with Stochastic Breakdowns," Discussion Papers dp-02-37, Resources For the Future.
- Nikolaj Malchow-Møller & James Markusen & Jan Skaksen, 2010. "Labour market institutions, learning and self-employment," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 35-52, July.
- Haruna, Shoji, 1996. "Industry equilibrium, uncertainty, and futures markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-70.
- Kevin B. Moore, 2004. "The effects of the 1986 and 1993 tax reforms on self-employment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-05, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1995. "Flexibility in the face of demand fluctuations: Employment, capacity utilization, and industry structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 179-193.
- Renner, Swetlana, 2014. "Flexibilität in Unternehmen: Eine theoretische und empirische Analyse," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 75, number 75, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed