Why Do Payday Lenders Enter Local Markets? Evidence from Oregon
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quint, Daniel & Einav, Liran, 2005. "Efficient entry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 278-283, August.
- Berry, Steven T, 1992. "Estimation of a Model of Entry in the Airline Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 889-917, July.
- Donald Alexander & Robert Feinberg, 2004. "Entry in Local Telecommunication Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 107-127, 06.
- Otto Toivanen & Michael Waterson, 2005.
"Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 680-699, Autumn.
- Toivanen, O. & Waterson, M., 2001. "Market Structure and Entry: Where's the Beef?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 593, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Michael A. Stegman, 2007. "Payday Lending," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 169-190, Winter.
- Allen N. Berger & Astrid A. Dick, 2007. "Entry into Banking Markets and the Early-Mover Advantage," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(4), pages 775-807, 06.
- Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P., 2004.
"Factors Affecting the Location of Payday Lending and Traditional Banking Services in North Carolina,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 191-205.
- Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P., 2004. "Factors affecting the location of payday lending and traditional banking services in North Carolina," MPRA Paper 36043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Peter C. Reiss, 1987. "Do Entry Conditions Vary across Markets?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3), pages 833-882.
- Edward C. Lawrence & Gregory Elliehausen, 2008. "A Comparative Analysis Of Payday Loan Customers," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 299-316, 04.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 2005.
"Retail deposit fees and multimarket banking,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2005-65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Avery, Robert B. & Bostic, Raphael W. & Calem, Paul S. & Canner, Glenn B., 1999. "Consolidation and bank branching patterns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 497-532, February.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:34:y:2009:i:2:p:173-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.