Determinants of Short-term Consumer Lending Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian T. Melzer, 2011. "The Real Costs of Credit Access: Evidence from the Payday Lending Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 517-555.
- Sumit Agarwal & Paige Marta Skiba & Jeremy Tobacman, 2009.
"Payday Loans and Credit Cards: New Liquidity and Credit Scoring Puzzles?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 412-417, May.
- Sumit Agarwal & Paige M. Skiba & Jeremy Tobacman, 2009. "Payday Loans and Credit Cards: New Liquidity and Credit Scoring Puzzles?," NBER Working Papers 14659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P., 2004.
"Factors Affecting the Location of Payday Lending and Traditional Banking Services in North Carolina,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 191-205.
- Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P., 2004. "Factors affecting the location of payday lending and traditional banking services in North Carolina," MPRA Paper 36043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- H. Damar, 2009. "Why Do Payday Lenders Enter Local Markets? Evidence from Oregon," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(2), pages 173-191, March.
- Charles Calomiris & Thanavut Pornrojnangkool, 2009.
"Relationship Banking and the Pricing of Financial Services,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 35(3), pages 189-224, June.
- Charles Calomiris & Thanavut Pornrojnangkool, 2006. "Relationship Banking and the Pricing of Financial Services," NBER Working Papers 12622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Edward C. Lawrence & Gregory Elliehausen, 2008. "A Comparative Analysis Of Payday Loan Customers," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 299-316, April.
- Scott Carrell & Jonathan Zinman, 2014.
"In Harm's Way? Payday Loan Access and Military Personnel Performance,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(9), pages 2805-2840.
- Scott Carrell & Jonathan Zinman, 2008. "In harm’s way? Payday loan access and military personnel performance," Working Papers 08-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer lending; interest rates; payday lenders;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:byu:byumcl:201207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kerk Phillips). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debyuus.html .