Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Stegman & Robert Faris, 2003. "Payday Lending: A Business Model that Encourages Chronic Borrowing," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 17(1), pages 8-32, February.
- E. J. Bird & P. A. Hagstrom & R. Wild, "undated". "Credit Cards and the Poor," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1148-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Raccanello, Kristiano & Romero-García, David Arturo, 2012. "Prácticas predatorias y crédito al consumidor," eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(36), pages 7-43, cuarto tr.
- Amanda Moore & Sondra Beverly & Mark Schreiner & Michael Sherraden & Margaret Lombe & Esther Y. N. Cho & Lissa Johnson & Rebecca Vonderlack, 2001. "Saving, IDA Programs, and Effects of IDAs: A Survey of Participants," Microeconomics 0108002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Dec 2001.
- Basnet, Hem C. & Donou-Adonsou, Ficawoyi, 2016. "Internet, consumer spending, and credit card balance: Evidence from US consumers," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 11-22.
- Campbell, John Y. & Jackson, Howell E. & Madrian, Brigitte C. & Tufano, Peter, 2010.
"The Regulation of Consumer Financial Products: An Introductory Essay with Four Case Studies,"
Working Paper Series
rwp10-040, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Cambpbell, John Y. & Jackson, Howell Edmunds & Madrian, Brigitte & Tufano, Peter, 2010. "The Regulation of Consumer Financial Products: An Introductory Essay with Four Case Studies," Scholarly Articles 4450128, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Athreya, Kartik & Tam, Xuan S. & Young, Eric R., 2009. "Unsecured credit markets are not insurance markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 83-103, January.
- Rebecca Haynes-Bordas & D. Kiss & Tansel Yilmazer, 2008. "Effectiveness of Financial Education on Financial Management Behavior and Account Usage: Evidence from a ‘Second Chance’ Program," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 362-390, September.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Mochammad Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Determinants of cross regional disparity in financial deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 896-910.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Moch Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Determinants of Cross Regional Disparity in Financial Deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces," Working Papers hal-01114255, HAL.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Moch Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Determinants of Cross Regional Disparity in Financial Deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces," Post-Print hal-01140209, HAL.
- Anping Chen & Marlon Boarnet & Mark Partridge & Christopher S. Fowler & Jane K. Cover & Rachel Garshick Kleit, 2014. "The Geography Of Fringe Banking," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 688-710, September.
- Melzer, Brian T. & Morgan, Donald P., 2015. "Competition in a consumer loan market: Payday loans and overdraft credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-44.
- Fourcade, Marion & Healy, Kieran, 2013. "Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 559-572.
- John Y. Campbell & Howell E. Jackson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Peter Tufano, 2011. "Consumer Financial Protection," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 91-114, Winter.
- Keese, Matthias, 2009. "Triggers and Determinants of Severe Household Indebtedness in Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 150, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Joseph Persky, 2007. "Retrospectives: From Usury to Interest," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 227-236, Winter.
- Wilson Bart J & Findlay David W. & Meehan James W. & Wellford Charissa & Schurter Karl, 2010. "An Experimental Analysis of the Demand for Payday Loans," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Marion Fourcade & Kieran Healy, 2013. "Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6cbt691h0h8, Sciences Po.
- Clinton Key & Jenna N. Tucker & Michal Grinstein-Weiss & Krista Comer, 2015. "Tax-Time Savings among Low-Income Households in the $aveNYC Program," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 489-518, November.
- Taylor Canann & Richard Evans, 2015.
"Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 235-262, December.
- Taylor J. Canann & Richard W. Evans, 2013. "Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2013-06, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- Dasgupta, Kabir & Mason, Brenden J., 2020.
"The effect of interest rate caps on bankruptcy: Synthetic control evidence from recent payday lending bans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Kabir Dasgupta & Brenden J. Mason, 2019. "The Effect of Interest Rate Caps on Bankruptcy: Synthetic Control Evidence from Recent Payday Lending Bans," Working Papers 2019-04, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Donou-Adonsou, Ficawoyi & Basnet, Hem C., 2019. "Credit card delinquency: How much is the Internet to blame?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 481-497.
- Sumit Agarwal & Tal Gross & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2016. "How Did the Great Recession Affect Payday Loans?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue 2, pages 1-12.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:21:y:2007:i:1:p:169-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.