Payday Lending: A Business Model that Encourages Chronic Borrowing
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marion Fourcade & Kieran Healy, 2013. "Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6cbt691h0h8, Sciences Po.
- Melzer, Brian T. & Morgan, Donald P., 2015. "Competition in a consumer loan market: Payday loans and overdraft credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-44.
- Matthias Keese, 2009. "Triggers and Determinants of Severe Household Indebtedness in Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 0150, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Mochammad Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Determinants of cross regional disparity in financial deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 896-910.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Moch Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Determinants of Cross Regional Disparity in Financial Deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces," Working Papers hal-01114255, HAL.
- Irwan Trinugroho & Agusman Agusman & Moch Doddy Ariefianto & Darsono Darsono & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Determinants of Cross Regional Disparity in Financial Deepening: Evidence from Indonesian provinces," Post-Print hal-01140209, HAL.
- Snarr, Hal W. & Burkey, Mark L., 2006.
"A Preliminary Investigation of Welfare Migration Induced by Time Limits,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2), pages 1-16.
- Snarr, Hal W. & Burkey, Mark L., 2006. "A preliminary investigation of welfare migration induced by time limits," MPRA Paper 36228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Y. Campbell & Howell E. Jackson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Peter Tufano, 2011. "Consumer Financial Protection," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 91-114, Winter.
- Clinton Key & Jenna N. Tucker & Michal Grinstein-Weiss & Krista Comer, 2015. "Tax-Time Savings among Low-Income Households in the $aveNYC Program," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 489-518, November.
- Campbell, John Y. & Jackson, Howell E. & Madrian, Brigitte C. & Tufano, Peter, 2010.
"The Regulation of Consumer Financial Products: An Introductory Essay with Four Case Studies,"
Working Paper Series
rwp10-040, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Cambpbell, John Y. & Jackson, Howell Edmunds & Madrian, Brigitte & Tufano, Peter, 2010. "The Regulation of Consumer Financial Products: An Introductory Essay with Four Case Studies," Scholarly Articles 4450128, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Taylor Canann & Richard Evans, 2015.
"Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 235-262, December.
- Taylor J. Canann & Richard W. Evans, 2013. "Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2013-06, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:19:y:2011:i:3:p:203-211 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Barth & Jitka Hilliard & John Jahera, 2015. "Banks and Payday Lenders: Friends or Foes?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 21(2), pages 139-153, May.
- Anping Chen & Marlon Boarnet & Mark Partridge & Christopher S. Fowler & Jane K. Cover & Rachel Garshick Kleit, 2014. "The Geography Of Fringe Banking," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 688-710, September.
- Wilson Bart J & Findlay David W. & Meehan James W. & Wellford Charissa & Schurter Karl, 2010. "An Experimental Analysis of the Demand for Payday Loans," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Heather Boushey & Christian E. Weller, 2006. "Inequality and Household Economic Hardship in the United States of America," Working Papers 18, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Kabir Dasgupta & Brenden J. Mason, 2019. "The Effect of Interest Rate Caps on Bankruptcy: Synthetic Control Evidence from Recent Payday Lending Bans," Working Papers 2019-04, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Raccanello, Kristiano & Romero-García, David Arturo, 2012. "Prácticas predatorias y crédito al consumidor," eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(36), pages 7-43, cuarto tr.
- Fourcade, Marion & Healy, Kieran, 2013. "Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 559-572.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keese, Matthias, 2009. "Triggers and Determinants of Severe Household Indebtedness in Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 150, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:21:y:2015:i:2:p:139-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Persky, 2007. "Retrospectives: From Usury to Interest," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 227-236, Winter.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:56:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-018-1447-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barth, James R. & Hilliard, Jitka & Jahera, John S. & Sun, Yanfei, 2016. "Do state regulations affect payday lender concentration?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 14-29.
- Michael A. Stegman, 2007. "Payday Lending," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 169-190, Winter.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Gross, Tal & Mazumder, Bhashkar, 2016. "How Did the Great Recession Affect Payday Loans?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue 2, pages 1-12.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:17:y:2003:i:1:p:8-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.