How Payday Credit Access Affects Overdrafts and Other Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sumit Agarwal & Gene Amromin & Itzhak Ben-David & Douglas D. Evanoff, 2016. "Loan Product Steering in Mortgage Markets," NBER Working Papers 22696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary Zaki, 2016. "Access to Short-term Credit and Consumption Smoothing within the Paycycle," Working Papers 2016.07, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Adams, Robert M., 2017. "Bank Fees, Aftermarkets, and Consumer Behavior," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-054, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Will Dobbie & Andres Liberman & Daniel Paravisini & Vikram Pathania, 2018. "Measuring Bias in Consumer Lending," Working Papers 623, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Hayashi, Fumiko & Cuddy, Emily, 2014. "Recurrent overdrafts: a deliberate decision by some prepaid cardholders?," Research Working Paper RWP 14-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Nancy W. Hudspeth & David F. Merriman & Richard F. Dye & Andrew W. Crosby, 2015. "Do Troubled Times Invite Cloudy Budget Reporting? The Determinants of General Fund Expenditure Share in U.S. States," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 68-89, December.
- Taylor Canann & Richard Evans, 2015.
"Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 235-262, December.
- Taylor J. Canann & Richard W. Evans, 2013. "Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2013-06, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- Christine L. Dobridge, 2016. "For Better and for Worse? Effects of Access to High-Cost Consumer Credit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-056, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Agarwal, Sumit & Gross, Tal & Mazumder, Bhashkar, 2016. "How Did the Great Recession Affect Payday Loans?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue 2, pages 1-12.
- Cuffe, Harold E. & Gibbs, Christopher G., 2017.
"The effect of payday lending restrictions on liquor sales,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 132-145.
- Cuffe, Harold E & Gibbs, Christopher G, 2015. "The effect of payday lending restrictions on liquor sales," Working Paper Series 4713, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Fuster, Andreas & Plosser, Matthew & Vickery, James, 2018. "Does CFPB oversight crimp credit?," Staff Reports 857, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Terri Friedline & Nancy Kepple, 2017. "Does Community Access to Alternative Financial Services Relate to Individuals’ Use of These Services? Beyond Individual Explanations," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 51-79, March.
- Barth, James R. & Hilliard, Jitka & Jahera, John S. & Sun, Yanfei, 2016. "Do state regulations affect payday lender concentration?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 14-29.
- Bhutta, Neil, 2014. "Payday loans and consumer financial health," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 230-242.
- Zaki, Mary, 2016. "Access to Short-term Credit and Consumption Smoothing within the Paycycle," ET: Economic Theory 232213, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:94-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kabir Dasgupta & Brenden J. Mason, 2019. "The Effect of Interest Rate Caps on Bankruptcy: Synthetic Control Evidence from Recent Payday Lending Bans," Working Papers 2019-04, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Peter Debbaut & Andra C. Ghent & Marianna Kudlyak, 2013.
"Are young borrowers bad borrowers? Evidence from the Credit CARD Act of 2009,"
13-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Andra Ghent, 2014. "Are Young Borrowers Bad Borrowers? Evidence from the Credit CARD Act of 2009," 2014 Meeting Papers 130, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:21:y:2015:i:2:p:139-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neil Bhutta & Jacob Goldin & Tatiana Homonoff, 2016. "Consumer Borrowing after Payday Loan Bans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 225-259.
- Anping Chen & Marlon Boarnet & Mark Partridge & Christopher S. Fowler & Jane K. Cover & Rachel Garshick Kleit, 2014. "The Geography Of Fringe Banking," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 688-710, September.
- Melzer, Brian T. & Morgan, Donald P., 2015. "Competition in a consumer loan market: Payday loans and overdraft credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-44.
- Murizah Osman Salleh & Aziz Jaafar & M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2012. "Can an interest-free credit facility be more efficient than a usurious payday loan?," Working Papers 12008, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- James Barth & Jitka Hilliard & John Jahera, 2015. "Banks and Payday Lenders: Friends or Foes?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 21(2), pages 139-153, May.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:56:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-018-1447-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:44:y:2012:i::p:519-531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .