A Comparative Analysis Of Payday Loan Customers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caskey, John P, 1991.
"Pawnbroking in America: The Economics of a Forgotten Credit Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 85-99, February.
- John P. Caskey, 1989. "Pawnbroking in America: the economics of forgotten credit market," Research Working Paper 89-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Brito, Dagobert L & Hartley, Peter R, 1995. "Consumer Rationality and Credit Cards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 400-433, April.
- Gregory Elliehausen, 2006. "Consumers' Use of High-Price Credit Products: Do They Know What They Are Doing?," NFI Working Papers 2006-WP-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Bizer, David S & DeMarzo, Peter M, 1992. "Sequential Banking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 41-61, February.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Carol C. Bertaut & Michael Haliassos, 2001. "Debt Revolvers for Self Control," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 0208, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- David B. Gross & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2000.
"Consumer Response to Changes in Credit Supply: Evidence from Credit Card Data,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
00-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- David Gross & Nicholas Souleles, 2001. "Consumer Response to Changes in Credit Supply: Evidence from Credit Card Data," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-10, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Edward Castronova & Paul Hagstrom, 2004. "The Demand for Credit Cards: Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 304-318, April.
- Robert B. Avery & Gregory E. Elliehausen & Arthur B. Kennickell, 1987. "Changes in consumer installment debt: evidence from the 1983 and 1986 surveys of consumer finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Oct, pages 761-778.
- Thomas Durkin & Gregory Elliehausen, 1998. "The Cost Structure of the Consumer Finance Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 71-86, February.
- Matthew Rabin, 1998.
"Psychology and Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 11-46, March.
- Matthew Rabin., 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Economics Working Papers 97-251, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8jd5z5j2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Thomas A. Durkin, 2000. "Credit cards: use and consumer attitudes, 1970-2000," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Sep, pages 623-634.
- J. V. Poapst & W. R. WaterS, 1964. "Rates Of Return On Consumer Durables," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(4), pages 673-677, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Mayer, 2013. "When and Why Usury Should be Prohibited," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 513-527, September.
- Swarn Chatterjee & Joseph Goetz & Lance Palmer, 2009. "An Examination Of Short-Term Borrowing In The United States," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 3(2), pages 1-8.
- Susan Payne Carter, 2015. "Payday Loan and Pawnshop Usage: The Impact of Allowing Payday Loan Rollovers," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 436-456, July.
- John Y. Campbell & Howell E. Jackson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Peter Tufano, 2011. "Consumer Financial Protection," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 91-114, Winter.
- Clinton Key & Jenna N. Tucker & Michal Grinstein-Weiss & Krista Comer, 2015. "Tax-Time Savings among Low-Income Households in the $aveNYC Program," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 489-518, November.
- H. Damar, 2009. "Why Do Payday Lenders Enter Local Markets? Evidence from Oregon," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(2), pages 173-191, March.
- Wheatley, W. Parker, 2010. "Economic and Regional Determinants of the Location of Payday Lenders and Banking Institutions in Mississippi: Reconsidering the Role of Race and Other Factors in Firm Location," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1), pages 53-69.
- Richard W. Evans, 2012. "Determinants of Short-term Consumer Lending Interest Rates," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2012-07, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- Tucker, Jenna N. & Key, Clinton C. & Grinstein-Weiss, Michal, 2014. "The benefits of saving at tax time: Evidence from the $aveNYC evaluation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 50-61.
- repec:imx:journl:v:13:y:2018:i:2:p:247-272 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cliff A. Robb & Patryk Babiarz & Ann Woodyard & Martin C. Seay, 2015. "Bounded Rationality and Use of Alternative Financial Services," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 407-435, July.
- Marianne Bertrand & Adair Morse, 2011.
"Information Disclosure, Cognitive Biases, and Payday Borrowing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1865-1893, December.
- Marianne Bertrand & Adair Morse, 2009. "Information Disclosure, Cognitive Biases and Payday Borrowing," Working Papers 2009-007, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Taylor Canann & Richard Evans, 2015.
"Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 235-262, December.
- Taylor J. Canann & Richard W. Evans, 2013. "Determinants of Short-term Lender Location and Interest Rates," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2013-06, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:94-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guglielmo Forges Davanzati & Andrea Pacella, 2010. "Emulation, indebtedness and income distribution: A monetary theory of production approach," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 147-165.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:39:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9557-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:empeco:v:56:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-018-1447-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:26:y:2008:i:2:p:299-316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.