Product survival analysis for the App Store
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcus Asplund & Rickard Sandin, 1999.
"The Survival of New Products,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 219-237, November.
- Asplund, Marcus & Sandin, Rickard, 1996. "The Survival of New Products," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 138, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Christopher S. Ruebeck, 2002. "Interfirm Competition, Intrafirm Cannibalisation and Product Exit in the Market for Computer Hard Disk Drives," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 33(1), pages 119-131.
- Barry L. Bayus, 1998. "An Analysis of Product Lifetimes in a Technologically Dynamic Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 763-775, June.
- Shane M. Greenstein & James B. Wade, 1998. "The Product Life Cycle in the Commercial Mainframe Computer Market, 1968-1982," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(4), pages 772-789, Winter.
- M. S. Krishnan & C. H. Kriebel & Sunder Kekre & Tridas Mukhopadhyay, 2000. "An Empirical Analysis of Productivity and Quality in Software Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(6), pages 745-759, June.
- Sudip Bhattacharjee & Ram D. Gopal & Kaveepan Lertwachara & James R. Marsden & Rahul Telang, 2007. "The Effect of Digital Sharing Technologies on Music Markets: A Survival Analysis of Albums on Ranking Charts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(9), pages 1359-1374, September.
- Kardes, Frank R, et al, 1993. " Brand Retrieval, Consideration Set Composition, Consumer Choice, and the Pioneering Advantage," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 62-75, June.
- Kristina Shampanier & Nina Mazar & Dan Ariely, 2007. "Zero as a Special Price: The True Value of Free Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 742-757, 11-12.
- Roberto Fontana & Lionel Nesta, 2009.
"Product Innovation and Survival in a High-Tech Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(4), pages 287-306, June.
- Lionel Nesta & Roberto Fontana, 2007. "Product Innovation and Survival in a High-Tech Industry," Sciences Po publications 2007-30, Sciences Po.
- Roberto Fontana & Lionel Nesta, 2007. "Product Innovation and Survival in a High-Tech Industry," KITeS Working Papers 208, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2007.
- Roberto Fontana & Lionel Nesta, 2007. "Product Innovation and Survival in a High-Tech Industry," Working Papers hal-00973059, HAL.
- Roberto Fontana & Lionel Nesta, 2007. "Product Innovation and Survival in a High-Tech Industry," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-30, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- W. Erwin Diewert & Kevin J. Fox, 1999. "Can measurement error explain the productivity paradox?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 251-280, April.
- Francisco Requena-Silvente & James Walker, 2005. "Competition and product survival in the UK car market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(19), pages 2289-2295.
- De Vany, Arthur S & Walls, W David, 1997. "The Market for Motion Pictures: Rank, Revenue, and Survival," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 783-797, October.
- Cheng, Hsing Kenneth & Tang, Qian Candy, 2010. "Free trial or no free trial: Optimal software product design with network effects," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(2), pages 437-447, September.
More about this item
KeywordsApp Store; Product survival; Free product; Early entrant advantage; Profit model; C41; D80; L10; M15;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:23:y:2012:i:4:p:929-941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.