Dynamic Programming Models and Algorithms for the Mutual Fund Cash Balance Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Russ Wermers, 2000. "Mutual Fund Performance: An Empirical Decomposition into Stock-Picking Talent, Style, Transactions Costs, and Expenses," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1655-1703, August.
- Wright, Brian D & Williams, Jeffrey C, 1982. "The Economic Role of Commodity Storage," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 596-614, September.
- Brian D. Wright & Jeffrey C. Williams, 1984. "The Welfare Effects of the Introduction of Storage," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(1), pages 169-192.
- Bensoussan, Alain & Chutani, Anshuman & Sethi, Suresh, 2009. "Optimal Cash Management Under Uncertainty," MPRA Paper 19896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heitor Almeida & Murillo Campello & Michael S. Weisbach, 2004. "The Cash Flow Sensitivity of Cash," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1777-1804, August.
- Srinivasan, Venkat & Kim, Yong H, 1986. "Deterministic cash flow management: State of the art and research directions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 145-166.
- Xuemin (Sterling) Yan, 2006. "The Determinants and Implications of Mutual Fund Cash Holdings: Theory and Evidence," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 67-91, June.
- George M. Constantinides, 2005. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 7, pages 207-227 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Michael Faulkender & Rong Wang, 2006. "Corporate Financial Policy and the Value of Cash," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1957-1990, August.
- Sethi, Suresh P., 1973. "A Note on Modeling Simple Dynamic Cash Balance Problems," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 685-687, September.
- Hinderer, K. & Waldmann, K. -H., 2001. "Cash management in a randomly varying environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 468-485, May.
- Eppen, Gary D & Fama, Eugene F, 1969. "Cash Balance and Simple Dynamic Portfolio Problems with Proportional Costs," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(2), pages 119-133, June.
- Penttinen, Markku J., 1991. "Myopic and stationary solutions for stochastic cash balance problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 155-166, May.
- Jorjani, S & Lamar, BW, 1994. "Cash flow management network models with quantity discounting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 149-155, March.
- Gary D. Eppen & Eugene F. Fama, 1971. "Three Asset Cash Balance and Dynamic Portfolio Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(5), pages 311-319, January.
- Sethi, Suresh P. & Thompson, Gerald L., 1970. "Applications of Mathematical Control Theory to Finance: Modeling Simple Dynamic Cash Balance Problems," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(4-5), pages 381-394, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dötz, Niko & Weth, Mark, 2013. "Cash holdings of German open-end equity funds: Does ownership matter?," Discussion Papers 47/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:262:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2297-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmutual fund cash balance; approximate dynamic programming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:56:y:2010:i:5:p:801-815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.