Optimal Cash Management Under Uncertainty
We solve an agent's optimization problem of meeting demands for cash over time with cash deposited in bank or invested in stock. The stock pays dividends and uncertain capital gains, and a commission is incurred in buying and selling of stock. We use a stochastic maximum principle to obtain explicitly the optimal transaction policy.
|Date of creation:||25 Feb 2009|
|Publication status:||Published in Operations Research Letters 6.37(2009): pp. 425-429|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Vickson, R. G., 1985. "Simple Optimal Policy for Cash Management: The Average Balance Requirement Case," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 353-369, September.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- George M. Constantinides, 1976. "Stochastic Cash Management with Fixed and Proportional Transaction Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1320-1331, August.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- Gary D. Eppen & Eugene F. Fama, 1971. "Three Asset Cash Balance and Dynamic Portfolio Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(5), pages 311-319, January.
- Sethi, Suresh P. & Thompson, Gerald L., 1970. "Applications of Mathematical Control Theory to Finance: Modeling Simple Dynamic Cash Balance Problems," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(4-5), pages 381-394, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)