Optimal Cash Management Under Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Vickson, R. G., 1985. "Simple Optimal Policy for Cash Management: The Average Balance Requirement Case," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 353-369, September.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- George M. Constantinides, 1976. "Stochastic Cash Management with Fixed and Proportional Transaction Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1320-1331, August.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- Gary D. Eppen & Eugene F. Fama, 1971. "Three Asset Cash Balance and Dynamic Portfolio Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(5), pages 311-319, January.
- Sethi, Suresh P. & Thompson, Gerald L., 1970. "Applications of Mathematical Control Theory to Finance: Modeling Simple Dynamic Cash Balance Problems," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(4-5), pages 381-394, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alvarez, Fernando & Lippi, Francesco, 2013.
"The demand of liquid assets with uncertain lumpy expenditures,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 753-770.
- Fernando Alvarez & Francesco Lippi, 2012. "The Demand of Liquid Assets with Uncertain Lumpy Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 18152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando Alvarez & Francesco Lippi, 2013. "The demand of liquid assets with uncertain lumpy expenditures," EIEF Working Papers Series 1307, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Mar 2013.
- Juliana Nascimento & Warren Powell, 2010. "Dynamic Programming Models and Algorithms for the Mutual Fund Cash Balance Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 801-815, May.
- García Cabello, Julia, 2017. "The future of branch cash holdings management is here: New Markov chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(2), pages 789-799.
More about this item
KeywordsCash management; Stochastic control; Maximum principle; Risky assets;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.