Advertising Intensity and R&D Intensity: Differences across Industries and Their Impact on Firm's Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- GrahamJr., Roger C. & Frankenberger, Kristina D., 2000. "The Contribution of Changes in Advertising Expenditures to Earnings and Market Values," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 149-155, November.
- Michael E. Porter, 1992. "Capital Choices: Changing The Way America Invests In Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(2), pages 4-16, June.
- Gary Hufbauer, 1970. "The Impact of National Characteristics & Technology on the Commodity Composition of Trade in Manufactured Goods," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 145-231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morgan, Todd & Anokhin, Sergey & Wincent, Joakim, 2018. "When the fog dissipates: The choice between value creation and value appropriation in a partner as a function of information asymmetry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 498-504.
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2014. "Univariate versus multivariate modeling of panel data," Economics Working Papers 1417, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Hsu, Liwu & Kaufmann, Patrick & Srinivasan, Shuba, 2017. "How Do Franchise Ownership Structure and Strategic Investment Emphasis Influence Stock Returns and Risks?," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 350-368.
- Chaudhuri, Kausik & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sundaram, Lavanya, 2016. "Estimation of firm performance from a MIMIC model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(1), pages 298-307.
- Corina Burunciuc & Halit Gonenc, 2020. "Reforms Protecting Minority Shareholders and Firm Performance: International Evidence," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Wan-Chen Wang & Maria Manuela Santos Silva & Luiz Moutinho, 2016. "Modelling Consumer Responses to Advertising Slogans through Artificial Neural Networks," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 15(2), pages 89-116, December.
- Bandyopadhyay, Arindam & Barua, Nandita Malini, 2016. "Factors determining capital structure and corporate performance in India: Studying the business cycle effects," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 160-172.
- Basma Sellami Mezghanni, 2010. "How Ceo Attributes Affect Firm R&D Spending? New Evidence From A Panel Of French Firms," Post-Print hal-00479532, HAL.
- Jia-Hua Tsai & Shiow-Ying Wen, 2013. "Intellectual Capital, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 5(10), pages 482-491.
- Tjandrawinata, Raymond R. & Simanjuntak, Destrina Grace, 2012. "Factors affecting productivity of research-based pharmaceutical companies following mergers and acquisitions," MPRA Paper 42514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yixiao Zhou, 2014. "Role of Institutional Quality in Determining the R&D Investment of Chinese Firms," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 22(4), pages 60-82, July.
- Hendrik Klier & Christian Schwens & Florian B. Zapkau & Desislava Dikova, 2017. "Which Resources Matter How and Where? A Meta-Analysis on Firms’ Foreign Establishment Mode Choice," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 304-339, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sakakibara, Mariko, 1997. "Evaluating government-sponsored R&D consortia in Japan: who benefits and how?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 447-473, December.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2001. "Gouvernement d’entreprise et innovation," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(3), pages 211-229.
- Funke, Michael & Ruhwedel, Ralf, 2001.
"Export variety and export performance: empirical evidence from East Asia,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 493-505.
- Ralf Ruhwedel & Michael Funke, 2000. "Export Variety and Export Performance: Empirical Evidence from East Asia," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20006, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Laetitia Lepetit & Frank Strobel, 2012. "Bank equity Involvement in Industrial Firms and Bank Risk," Working Papers hal-00916709, HAL.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"Banks and Markets: the Changing Character of European Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3865, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Zingales & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2003. "Banks and Markets: The Changing Character of European Finance," NBER Working Papers 9595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alison Thomas, 2001. "Corporate environmental policy and abnormal stock price returns: An empirical investigation," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 125-134, May.
- Bricker, Robert & Chandar, Nandini, 2000. "Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 529-554, August.
- Graham, Roger C. & King, Raymond D., 2013. "Decision usefulness of whole-asset operating lease capitalizations," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 60-73.
- Wei Shen & Richard Gentry, 2014. "A cyclical view of the relationship between corporate governance and strategic management," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 959-973, November.
- Ari Kokko & Patrik Gustavsson Tingvall, 2014. "Distance, Transaction Costs, and Preferences in European Trade," The International Trade Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 87-120, June.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:271281 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:13:y:2007:i:4:p:454-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kannapiran, Chinna A. & Fleming, Euan M., 1999. "Competitiveness And Comparative Advantage Of Tree Crop Smallholdings In Papua New Guinea," Working Papers 12911, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Samara, Georges & Jamali, Dima & Sierra, Vicenta & Parada, Maria Jose, 2018. "Who are the best performers? The environmental social performance of family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-43.
- Garcia, Abraham, 2007. "National Systems of Innovations and the Role of Demand. A Cross Country Comparison," MERIT Working Papers 2007-027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Wu, Xueping & Yao, Jun, 2012. "Understanding the rise and decline of the Japanese main bank system: The changing effects of bank rent extraction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 36-50.
- Rudolf Loertscher & Frank Wolter, 1980. "Determinants of intra-industry trade: Among countries and across industries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(2), pages 280-293, June.
- Francesco Baldi & Davide Ciferri, 2016. "State-owned private equity funds investing in "national champions": The case of Italy," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 177-218.
- Steven Globerman & James Dean, 1990. "Recent trends in intra-industry trade and their implications for future trade liberalization," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 126(1), pages 25-49, March.
- Marco Zanobio, 2012. "Aspetti teorici della Corporate Governance," DISEIS - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo dis1202, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimento di Economia internazionale, delle istituzioni e dello sviluppo (DISEIS).
- Alex Frino & Stewart Jones & Andrew Lepone & Jin Boon Wong, 2014. "Market Behavior of Institutional Investors around Bankruptcy Announcements," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1-2), pages 270-295, January.
- Turnbull, Shann, 1998. "Should ownership last forever?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 341-363.
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing expenditures; R&D expenditures; firm's performance;
All these keywords.
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:2:y:2003:i:2:p:167-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chia-Hung Wang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.