Sustainable Diet Dimensions. Comparing Consumer Preference for Nutrition, Environmental and Social Responsibility Food Labelling: A Systematic Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emily Lancsar & Jordan Louviere, 2008. "Conducting Discrete Choice Experiments to Inform Healthcare Decision Making," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 26(8), pages 661-677, August.
- De Marchi, Elisa & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Banterle, Alessandro, 2016. "Time preferences and food choices: Evidence from a choice experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 99-109.
- Angela Tarabella & Lelia Voinea, 2013. "Advantages and Limitations of the Front-of-Package (FOP) Labeling Systems in Guiding the Consumers’ Healthy Food Choice," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(33), pages 198-209, February.
- Kabindra Regmi & Dinesh Kaphle & Sabina Timilsina & Nik Annie Afiqah Tuha, 2018. "Application of Discrete-Choice Experiment Methods in Tobacco Control: A Systematic Review," PharmacoEconomics - Open, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-17, March.
- Sylwia Żakowska-Biemans & Agnieszka Tekień, 2017. "Free Range, Organic? Polish Consumers Preferences Regarding Information on Farming System and Nutritional Enhancement of Eggs: A Discrete Choice Based Experiment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-16, November.
- Edi Defrancesco & Maria Angela Perito & Irene Bozzolan & Leonardo Cei & Gianluca Stefani, 2017. "Testing Consumers’ Preferences for Environmental Attributes of Pasta. Insights from an ABR Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-13, September.
- Dominic Lemken & Mandy Knigge & Stephan Meyerding & Achim Spiller, 2017. "The Value of Environmental and Health Claims on New Legume Products: A Non-Hypothetical Online Auction," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-18, July.
- Bond, Craig A. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Jennifer Keeling, 2008. "What to Choose? The Value of Label Claims to Fresh Produce Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1-26.
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Baskin, Ernest, 2018. "It's a match when green meets healthy in sustainability labeling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 119-129.
- Lydia Zepeda & Lucie Sirieix & Ana Pizarro & François Coderre & Francine Rodier, 2013. "A conceptual framework for analyzing consumers’ food label preferences: an exploratory study of sustainability labels in France, Quebec, Spain and the US," Post-Print hal-02650512, HAL.
- Douadia Bougherara & Pierre Combris, 2009.
"Eco-labelled food products: what are consumers paying for?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 321-341, September.
- Douadia Bougherara & Pierre Combris & . University of Illinois, 2007. "Eco-Labeled Food Products: What are Consumers Paying for ?," Post-Print hal-01939934, HAL.
- Douadia Bougherara & Pierre Combris, 2009. "Eco-labelled food products: what are consumers paying for?," Post-Print hal-01462350, HAL.
- Brécard Dorothée & Lucas Sterenn & Pichot Nathalie & Salladarré Frédéric, 2012.
"Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, April.
- Dorothée Brécard & Sterenn Lucas & Nathalie Pichot & Frédéric Salladarré, 2012. "Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France," Post-Print hal-00593744, HAL.
- Baldassarre, Fabrizio & Campo, Raffaele, 2016. "Sustainability as a marketing tool: To be or to appear to be?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 421-429.
- Matthew Quaife & Fern Terris-Prestholt & Gian Luca Di Tanna & Peter Vickerman, 2018. "How well do discrete choice experiments predict health choices? A systematic review and meta-analysis of external validity," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(8), pages 1053-1066, November.
- Cai, Zhen & Aguilar, Francisco X., 2013. "Meta-analysis of consumer's willingness-to-pay premiums for certified wood products," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 15-31.
- Lucie Sirieix & Marion Delanchy & Hervé Remaud & Lydia Zepeda & Patricia Gurviez, 2013. "Consumers' perceptions of individual and combined sustainable food labels: a UK pilot investigation," Post-Print hal-01000413, HAL.
- Gadema, Zaina & Oglethorpe, David, 2011. "The use and usefulness of carbon labelling food: A policy perspective from a survey of UK supermarket shoppers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 815-822.
- Apostolidis, Chrysostomos & McLeay, Fraser, 2016. "Should we stop meating like this? Reducing meat consumption through substitution," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 74-89.
- Grunert, Klaus G. & Hieke, Sophie & Wills, Josephine, 2014. "Sustainability labels on food products: Consumer motivation, understanding and use," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 177-189.
- Marco Costanigro & Oana Deselnicu & Stephan Kroll, 2015. "Food Beliefs: Elicitation, Estimation and Implications for Labeling Policy," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 108-128, February.
- Djin Gie Liem & Giovanni M. Turchini & Uracha Wanich & Russell Keast, 2018. "Sustainability Descriptive Labels on Farmed Salmon: Do Young Educated Consumers Like It More?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-11, July.
- Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Schlegelmilch, Bodo B. & Sinkovics, Rudolf R. & Bohlen, Greg M., 2003. "Can socio-demographics still play a role in profiling green consumers? A review of the evidence and an empirical investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 465-480, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia Sesini & Cinzia Castiglioni & Edoardo Lozza, 2020. "New Trends and Patterns in Sustainable Consumption: A Systematic Review and Research Agenda," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-23, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Feucht, Yvonne & Zander, Katrin, 2017. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Climate-Friendly Food in European Countries," 2018 International European Forum (163rd EAAE Seminar), February 5-9, 2018, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 276930, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Oriana Gava & Fabio Bartolini & Francesca Venturi & Gianluca Brunori & Angela Zinnai & Alberto Pardossi, 2018. "A Reflection of the Use of the Life Cycle Assessment Tool for Agri-Food Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Feucht, Yvonne & Zander, Katrin, 2017. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Climate-Friendly Food in European Countries," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2017(1), June.
- Maïmouna Yokessa & Stephan Marette, 2019. "A Review of Eco-labels and their Economic Impact [Une revue sur les écolabels et leur impact économique]," Post-Print hal-02628579, HAL.
- Van Loo, Ellen J. & Hoefkens, Christine & Verbeke, Wim, 2017. "Healthy, sustainable and plant-based eating: Perceived (mis)match and involvement-based consumer segments as targets for future policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 46-57.
- Vikas Soekhai & Esther W. Bekker-Grob & Alan R. Ellis & Caroline M. Vass, 2019. "Discrete Choice Experiments in Health Economics: Past, Present and Future," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 201-226, February.
- Ricci, Elena Claire & Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2018. "Trust to Go Green: An Exploration of Consumer Intentions for Eco-friendly Convenience Food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 54-65.
- Van Loo, Ellen J. & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Seo, Han-Seok & Zhang, Baoyue & Verbeke, Wim, 2015. "Sustainability labels on coffee: Consumer preferences, willingness-to-pay and visual attention to attributes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 215-225.
- Feucht, Yvonne & Zander, Katrin, 2017. "Consumers’ attitudes on carbon footprint labelling. Results of the SUSDIET project," Thuenen Working Papers 266396, Johann Heinrich von Thuenen-Institut (vTI), Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Leach, Allison M. & Emery, Kyle A. & Gephart, Jessica & Davis, Kyle F. & Erisman, Jan Willem & Leip, Adrian & Pace, Michael L. & D’Odorico, Paolo & Carr, Joel & Noll, Laura Cattell & Castner, Elizabet, 2016. "Environmental impact food labels combining carbon, nitrogen, and water footprints," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 213-223.
- Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki & Funaki, Yukihiko, 2018. "How Can We Motivate Consumers to Purchase Certified Forest Coffee? Evidence From a Laboratory Randomized Experiment Using Eye-trackers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 107-121.
- Rui Zhao & Dingye Wu & Sebastiano Patti, 2020. "A Bibliometric Analysis of Carbon Labeling Schemes in the Period 2007–2019," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(16), pages 1-16, August.
- Sidali, Katia Laura & Spiller, Achim & von Meyer-Hofer, Marie, 2016. "Consumer Expectations Regarding Sustainable Food: Insights from Developed and Emerging Markets," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 19(3), pages 1-30, August.
- Marco Lerro & Riccardo Vecchio & Francesco Caracciolo & Stefano Pascucci & Luigi Cembalo, 2018. "Consumers' heterogeneous preferences for corporate social responsibility in the food industry," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(6), pages 1050-1061, November.
- Ziynet Boz & Virpi Korhonen & Claire Koelsch Sand, 2020. "Consumer Considerations for the Implementation of Sustainable Packaging: A Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-34, March.
- Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia, 2020. "Loss aversion, reference dependence and diminishing sensitivity in choice experiments," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C).
- Brusselaers, Jan & Verbeke, Wim & Mettepenningen, Evy & Buysse, Jeroen, 2020. "Unravelling the true drivers for eco-certified wood consumption by introducing scarcity," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
- Frank Wijen & Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2019.
"Controversy Over Voluntary Environmental Standards: A Socioeconomic Analysis of the Marine Stewardship Council,"
PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint)
- Frank Wijen & Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2019. "Controversy Over Voluntary Environmental Standards: A Socioeconomic Analysis of the Marine Stewardship Council," Post-Print halshs-02071504, HAL.
- Erpeng Wang & Zhifeng Gao, 2017. "Chinese Consumer Quality Perception and Preference of Traditional Sustainable Rice Produced by the Integrated Rice–Fish System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-13, December.
- Roberta Capitello & Lucie Sirieix, 2019.
"Consumers’ Perceptions of Sustainable Wine: An Exploratory Study in France and Italy,"
Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Roberta Capitello & Lucie Sirieix, 2019. "Consumers’ perceptions of sustainable wine: An exploratory study in France and Italy," Post-Print hal-02625269, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsfood labelling; sustainable diet; ecolabels; nutrition labels; social responsibility labels; organic labelling; animal welfare labels;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:23:p:6575-:d:289461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.