Sustainability labels on food products: Consumer motivation, understanding and use
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffery Bray & Nick Johns & David Kilburn, 2011. "An Exploratory Study into the Factors Impeding Ethical Consumption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 98(4), pages 597-608, February.
- Cornelissen, Gert & Pandelaere, Mario & Warlop, Luk & Dewitte, Siegfried, 2008. "Positive cueing: Promoting sustainable consumer behavior by cueing common environmental behaviors as environmental," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 46-55.
- Roberts, James A. & Bacon, Donald R., 1997. "Exploring the Subtle Relationships between Environmental Concern and Ecologically Conscious Consumer Behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 79-89, September.
- Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric, 2009. "Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 115-125, November.
- Grunert, Klaus G., 2011. "Sustainability in the Food Sector: A Consumer Behaviour Perspective," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(3), pages 1-12, December.
- de Boer, Joop & Boersema, Jan J. & Aiking, Harry, 2009. "Consumers' motivational associations favoring free-range meat or less meat," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 850-860, January.
- Andreas Chatzidakis & Sally Hibbert & Andrew Smith, 2007. "Why People Donâ€™t Take their Concerns about Fair Trade to the Supermarket: The Role of Neutralisation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 89-100, August.
- Thogersen, John & Olander, Folke, 2002. "Human values and the emergence of a sustainable consumption pattern: A panel study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 605-630, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Camilla Barbarossa & Patrick Pelsmacker, 2016. "Positive and Negative Antecedents of Purchasing Eco-friendly Products: A Comparison Between Green and Non-green Consumers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 229-247, March.
- Malin Jonell & Beatrice Crona & Kelsey Brown & Patrik Rönnbäck & Max Troell, 2016. "Eco-Labeled Seafood: Determinants for (Blue) Green Consumption," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-19, September.
- Andreas Chatzidakis & Minas Kastanakis & Anastasia Stathopoulou, 2016. "Socio-Cognitive Determinants of Consumers’ Support for the Fair Trade Movement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 95-109, January.
- Elena Kossmann & Mónica Gómez-Suárez, 2018. "Decision-making processes for purchases of ethical products: gaps between academic research and needs of marketing practitioners," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 15(3), pages 353-370, September.
- Karoline Gamma & Robert Mai & Moritz Loock, 2020. "The Double-Edged Sword of Ethical Nudges: Does Inducing Hypocrisy Help or Hinder the Adoption of Pro-environmental Behaviors?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 161(2), pages 351-373, January.
- Volker Lingnau & Florian Fuchs & Florian Beham, 2019. "The impact of sustainability in coffee production on consumers’ willingness to pay–new evidence from the field of ethical consumption," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 65-93, April.
- Austgulen, Marthe H. & Skuland, Silje & Schjøll, Alexander & Alfnes, Frode, 2015. "Consumer readiness to reduce meat consumptions and eat more climate friendly," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202757, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Ricci, Elena Claire, 2013.
"Does the Sustainability of Food Products Influence Consumer Choices? The Case of Italy,"
International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 4(2), pages 1-10, November.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Ricci, Elena Claire, 2013. "Does the Sustainability of Food Products Influence Consumer Choices? The Case of Italy," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164735, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Eleni Papaoikonomou & Mireia Valverde & Gerard Ryan, 2012. "Articulating the Meanings of Collective Experiences of Ethical Consumption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 15-32, September.
- Sarah Bayer & Henner Gimpel & Serkan Sarikaya, 2019. "Bank customers’ decision-making process in choosing between ethical and conventional banking: a survey-based examination," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 89(6), pages 655-697, August.
- Kalamas, Maria & Cleveland, Mark & Laroche, Michel, 2014. "Pro-environmental behaviors for thee but not for me: Green giants, green Gods, and external environmental locus of control," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 12-22.
- Gabriella Spinelli & Holly Nelson-Becker & Roberta Ligossi, 2019. "Consumer Competence Strategies, Spiritually Inspired Core Values and Locus of Control: What Are the Links?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-22, September.
- Mark Peacock, 2015. "Market Processes and the Ethics of Consumption," SAGE Open, , vol. 5(2), pages 21582440155, May.
- Paladino, Angela & Pandit, Ameet P., 2012. "Competing on service and branding in the renewable electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 378-388.
- Robert Caruana & Michal J. Carrington & Andreas Chatzidakis, 2016. "“Beyond the Attitude-Behaviour Gap: Novel Perspectives in Consumer Ethics”: Introduction to the Thematic Symposium," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 215-218, June.
- Daniel G. J. Kuchinka & Szilvia Balazs & Marius Dan Gavriletea & Borivoje-Boris Djokic, 2018. "Consumer Attitudes toward Sustainable Development and Risk to Brand Loyalty," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-25, March.
- Caroline Orset & Marco Monnier, 2020.
"How do lobbies and NGOs try to influence dietary behaviour?,"
Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 47-66, October.
- Caroline Orset & Marco Monnier, 2020. "How do lobbies and NGOs try to influence dietary behaviour? [Comment les lobbies et les ONG tentent d'influencer le comportement alimentaire?]," Post-Print hal-02891112, HAL.
- Maïmouna Yokessa & Stephan Marette, 2019. "A Review of Eco-labels and their Economic Impact [Une revue sur les écolabels et leur impact économique]," Post-Print hal-02628579, HAL.
- Pamela Yeow & Alison Dean & Danielle Tucker, 2014. "Bags for Life: The Embedding of Ethical Consumerism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 87-99, November.
- Caroline Moraes & Marylyn Carrigan & Carmela Bosangit & Carlos Ferreira & Michelle McGrath, 2017. "Understanding Ethical Luxury Consumption Through Practice Theories: A Study of Fine Jewellery Purchases," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 525-543, October.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer behaviour; Food labelling; Sustainability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:44:y:2014:i:c:p:177-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.