Households’ Energy Consumption Change in China: A Multi-Regional Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feng, Zhen-Hua & Zou, Le-Le & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2011.
"The impact of household consumption on energy use and CO2 emissions in China,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 656-670.
- Zhen-Hua Feng & Le-Le Zou & Yi-Ming Wei, 2010. "The impact of household consumption on energy use and CO2 emissions in China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 6, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Siqi Zheng & Rui Wang & Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2011.
"The greenness of China: household carbon dioxide emissions and urban development,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(5), pages 761-792, September.
- Siqi Zheng & Rui Wang & Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2009. "The Greenness of China: Household Carbon Dioxide Emissions and Urban Development," NBER Working Papers 15621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isaac, Morna & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Modeling global residential sector energy demand for heating and air conditioning in the context of climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 507-521, February.
- Zheng, Xinye & Wei, Chu & Qin, Ping & Guo, Jin & Yu, Yihua & Song, Feng & Chen, Zhanming, 2014. "Characteristics of residential energy consumption in China: Findings from a household survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 126-135.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Alex R. Hoen & Bart Los, 2000. "Labor Productivity in Western Europe 1975–1985: An Intercountry, Interindustry Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 425-452, August.
- Yang, Ling & Lahr, Michael L., 2008. "Labor Productivity Differences in China 1987-1997: An Interregional Decomposition Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 319-341.
- Yongxia Ding & Wei Qu & Shuwen Niu & Man Liang & Wenli Qiang & Zhenguo Hong, 2016. "Factors Influencing the Spatial Difference in Household Energy Consumption in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Fan, Jing-Li & Liao, Hua & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Tatano, Hirokazu & Liu, Chun-Feng & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2013.
"Residential carbon emission evolutions in urban–rural divided China: An end-use and behavior analysis,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 323-332.
- Jing-Li Fan & Hua Liao & Qiao-Mei Liang & Hirokazu Tatano & Chun-Feng Liu & Yi-Ming Wei, 2011. "Residential carbon emission evolutions in urban-rural divided China: An end-use and behavior analysis," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 16, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ding, Qun & Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Sanwal, Mukul, 2017. "The relationships between household consumption activities and energy consumption in china— An input-output analysis from the lifestyle perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 207(C), pages 520-532.
- Haiyan Zhang & Michael L. Lahr & Jun Bi, 2016. "Challenges of green consumption in China: a household energy use perspective," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 183-201, June.
- Yu, Huayi, 2012. "The influential factors of China's regional energy intensity and its spatial linkages: 1988–2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 583-593.
- Donglan, Zha & Dequn, Zhou & Peng, Zhou, 2010. "Driving forces of residential CO2 emissions in urban and rural China: An index decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3377-3383, July.
- Zhang, Ming & Song, Yan & Li, Peng & Li, Huanan, 2016. "Study on affecting factors of residential energy consumption in urban and rural Jiangsu," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 330-337.
- Feng, Kuishuang & Hubacek, Klaus & Guan, Dabo, 2009. "Lifestyles, technology and CO2 emissions in China: A regional comparative analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 145-154, November.
- Zhang, Ming & Guo, Fangyan, 2013. "Analysis of rural residential commercial energy consumption in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 222-229.
- Axel Baeumler & Ede Ijjasz-Vasquez & Shomik Mehndiratta, 2012. "Sustainable Low-Carbon City Development in China," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12330, June.
- Zhang, Haiyan & Lahr, Michael L., 2014. "China's energy consumption change from 1987 to 2007: A multi-regional structural decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 682-693.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dung Tien Nguyen & Thanh Quang Ngo, 2019. "Dynamics of Household-level Energy Access in Vietnam during 2002-2014," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(2), pages 132-145.
- Ling Yang & Michael L. Lahr, 2019. "The Drivers of China’s Regional Carbon Emission Change—A Structural Decomposition Analysis from 1997 to 2007," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-18, June.
- Jingbo Fan & Aobo Ran & Xiaomeng Li, 2019. "A Study on the Factors Affecting China’s Direct Household Carbon Emission and Comparison of Regional Differences," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-14, September.
- Aliyu Salisu Barau & Aliyu Haidar Abubakar & Abdul-Hakim Ibrahim Kiyawa, 2020. "Not There Yet: Mapping Inhibitions to Solar Energy Utilisation by Households in African Informal Urban Neighbourhoods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-14, January.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold energy use; urbanization; lifestyle change; structural decomposition analysis; China;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2486-:d:158250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.