Not There Yet: Mapping Inhibitions to Solar Energy Utilisation by Households in African Informal Urban Neighbourhoods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wirba, Asan Vernyuy & Abubakar Mas'ud, Abdullahi & Muhammad-Sukki, Firdaus & Ahmad, Salman & Mat Tahar, Razman & Abdul Rahim, Ruzairi & Munir, Abu Bakar & Karim, Md Ershadul, 2015. "Renewable energy potentials in Cameroon: Prospects and challenges," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 560-565.
- Norbert Edomah & Chris Foulds & Aled Jones, 2016. "The Role of Policy Makers and Institutions in the Energy Sector: The Case of Energy Infrastructure Governance in Nigeria," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Adesanya, Adewale A. & Pearce, Joshua M., 2019. "Economic viability of captive off-grid solar photovoltaic and diesel hybrid energy systems for the Nigerian private sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
- Trotter, Philipp A. & Maconachie, Roy & McManus, Marcelle C., 2018. "Solar energy's potential to mitigate political risks: The case of an optimised Africa-wide network," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 108-126.
- Haiyan Zhang & Michael L. Lahr, 2018. "Households’ Energy Consumption Change in China: A Multi-Regional Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Kayode Olaniyan & Benjamin C. McLellan & Seiichi Ogata & Tetsuo Tezuka, 2018. "Estimating Residential Electricity Consumption in Nigeria to Support Energy Transitions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-22, May.
- Pillot, Benjamin & Muselli, Marc & Poggi, Philippe & Dias, João Batista, 2019. "Historical trends in global energy policy and renewable power system issues in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of solar PV," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 113-124.
- Ikejemba, Eugene C.X. & Schuur, Peter C. & Van Hillegersberg, Jos & Mpuan, Peter B., 2017. "Failures & generic recommendations towards the sustainable management of renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa (Part 2 of 2)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 639-647.
- Park, Sungjun & Kim, Jinsoo, 2018. "The effect of interest in renewable energy on US household electricity consumption: An analysis using Google Trends data," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 1004-1010.
- Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Behera, Bhagirath & Ali, Akhter, 2017. "Factors determining household use of clean and renewable energy sources for lighting in Sub-Saharan Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 661-672.
- da Silva, Patrícia Pereira & Cerqueira, Pedro André & Ogbe, Wojolomi, 2018. "Determinants of renewable energy growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from panel ARDL," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 45-54.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy; SDGs; urban planning; sustainability; transition; socio-technical;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:3:p:840-:d:312230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.