Economic viability of captive off-grid solar photovoltaic and diesel hybrid energy systems for the Nigerian private sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emodi, Nnaemeka Vincent & Boo, Kyung-Jin, 2015. "Sustainable energy development in Nigeria: Current status and policy options," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 356-381.
- Oladokun, V.O. & Asemota, O.C., 2015. "Unit cost of electricity in Nigeria: A cost model for captive diesel powered generating system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 35-40.
- Olatomiwa, Lanre & Mekhilef, Saad & Huda, A.S.N. & Ohunakin, Olayinka S., 2015. "Economic evaluation of hybrid energy systems for rural electrification in six geo-political zones of Nigeria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 435-446.
- Albrecht, Johan, 2007. "The future role of photovoltaics: A learning curve versus portfolio perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2296-2304, April.
- Shaaban, Mohamed & Petinrin, J.O., 2014. "Renewable energy potentials in Nigeria: Meeting rural energy needs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 72-84.
- Ajayi, Oluseyi O. & Ajayi, Oluwatoyin O., 2013. "Nigeria's energy policy: Inferences, analysis and legal ethics toward RE development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 61-67.
- Peter Ozaveshe Oviroh & Tien-Chien Jen, 2018. "The Energy Cost Analysis of Hybrid Systems and Diesel Generators in Powering Selected Base Transceiver Station Locations in Nigeria," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Bernal-Agustín, José L. & Yusta-Loyo, José M. & Domínguez-Navarro, José A. & Ramírez-Rosado, Ignacio J. & Lujano, Juan & Aso, Ismael, 2011. "Multi-objective optimization minimizing cost and life cycle emissions of stand-alone PV–wind–diesel systems with batteries storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4033-4041.
- Chiara Modanese & Hannu S. Laine & Toni P. Pasanen & Hele Savin & Joshua M. Pearce, 2018. "Economic Advantages of Dry-Etched Black Silicon in Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) Photovoltaic Manufacturing," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-18, September.
- Hong, Sungjun & Chung, Yanghon & Woo, Chungwon, 2015. "Scenario analysis for estimating the learning rate of photovoltaic power generation based on learning curve theory in South Korea," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 80-89.
- Aliyu, Abubakar Sadiq & Dada, Joseph O. & Adam, Ibrahim Khalil, 2015. "Current status and future prospects of renewable energy in Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 336-346.
- Oparaku, O.U., 2003. "Rural area power supply in Nigeria: A cost comparison of the photovoltaic, diesel/gasoline generator and grid utility options," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 2089-2098.
- Pearce, J.M., 2009. "Expanding photovoltaic penetration with residential distributed generation from hybrid solar photovoltaic and combined heat and power systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1947-1954.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011.
"A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- K. Branker & M. J. M. Pathak & J.M. Pearce, 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Post-Print hal-02120492, HAL.
- Yu, C.F. & van Sark, W.G.J.H.M. & Alsema, E.A., 2011. "Unraveling the photovoltaic technology learning curve by incorporation of input price changes and scale effects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 324-337, January.
- Nosrat, Amir H. & Swan, Lukas G. & Pearce, Joshua M., 2013. "Improved performance of hybrid photovoltaic-trigeneration systems over photovoltaic-cogen systems including effects of battery storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 366-374.
- Nosrat, Amir & Pearce, Joshua M., 2011. "Dispatch strategy and model for hybrid photovoltaic and trigeneration power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(9), pages 3270-3276.
- Ozoegwu, C.G. & Mgbemene, C.A. & Ozor, P.A., 2017. "The status of solar energy integration and policy in Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 457-471.
- Siddig, Khalid & Aguiar, Angel & Grethe, Harald & Minor, Peter & Walmsley, Terrie, 2014. "Impacts of removing fuel import subsidies in Nigeria on poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 165-178.
- Perez, Richard & Zweibel, Ken & Hoff, Thomas E., 2011. "Solar power generation in the US: Too expensive, or a bargain?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7290-7297.
- Ozoegwu, Chigbogu Godwin, 2018. "The solar energy assessment methods for Nigeria: The current status, the future directions and a neural time series method," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 146-159.
- Okoye, Chiemeka Onyeka & Taylan, Onur & Baker, Derek K., 2016. "Solar energy potentials in strategically located cities in Nigeria: Review, resource assessment and PV system design," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 550-566.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugwoke, B. & Gershon, O. & Becchio, C. & Corgnati, S.P. & Leone, P., 2020. "A review of Nigerian energy access studies: The story told so far," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 120(C).
- Peffley, Trevor B. & Pearce, Joshua M., 2020. "The potential for grid defection of small and medium sized enterprises using solar photovoltaic, battery and generator hybrid systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 193-204.
- Harajli, H. & Kabakian, V. & El-Baba, J. & Diab, A. & Nassab, C., 2020. "Commercial-scale hybrid solar photovoltaic - diesel systems in select Arab countries with weak grids: An integrated appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Aliyu Salisu Barau & Aliyu Haidar Abubakar & Abdul-Hakim Ibrahim Kiyawa, 2020. "Not There Yet: Mapping Inhibitions to Solar Energy Utilisation by Households in African Informal Urban Neighbourhoods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-14, January.
- Blessing Ugwoke & Adedoyin Adeleke & Stefano P. Corgnati & Joshua M. Pearce & Pierluigi Leone, 2020. "Decentralized Renewable Hybrid Mini-Grids for Rural Communities: Culmination of the IREP Framework and Scale up to Urban Communities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-25, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAutoproduction; Captive power; Diesel generator; Off-grid; Solar photovoltaic; Nigeria;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:114:y:2019:i:c:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.