Failures & generic recommendations towards the sustainable management of renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa (Part 2 of 2)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2011.
"The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 215-227, January.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2010. "The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5193, The World Bank.
- Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias A., 2007. "Renewable energy systems: A societal and technological platform," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 329-341.
- Terrapon-Pfaff, Julia & Dienst, Carmen & König, Julian & Ortiz, Willington, 2014. "How effective are small-scale energy interventions in developing countries? Results from a post-evaluation on project-level," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 809-814.
- Brent, Alan C. & Kruger, Wikus J.L., 2009. "Systems analyses and the sustainable transfer of renewable energy technologies: A focus on remote areas of Africa," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1774-1781.
- Ikejemba, Eugene C.X. & Schuur, Peter, 2016. "Locating solar and wind parks in South-Eastern Nigeria for maximum population coverage: A multi-step approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 449-462.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2007. "NIMBY or not? Exploring the relevance of location and the politics of voiced opinions in renewable energy siting controversies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2705-2714, May.
- Rogers, J.C. & Simmons, E.A. & Convery, I. & Weatherall, A., 2008. "Public perceptions of opportunities for community-based renewable energy projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4217-4226, November.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Chaurey, Akanksha & Krithika, P.R. & Palit, Debajit & Rakesh, Smita & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2012. "New partnerships and business models for facilitating energy access," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 48-55.
- Walker, Gordon, 2008. "What are the barriers and incentives for community-owned means of energy production and use?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4401-4405, December.
- Urmee, Tania & Harries, David & Schlapfer, August, 2009. "Issues related to rural electrification using renewable energy in developing countries of Asia and Pacific," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 354-357.
- Ikejemba, Eugene C.X. & Mpuan, Peter B. & Schuur, Peter C. & Van Hillegersberg, Jos, 2017. "The empirical reality & sustainable management failures of renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa (part 1 of 2)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(PA), pages 234-240.
- Walker, Gordon & Devine-Wright, Patrick & Hunter, Sue & High, Helen & Evans, Bob, 2010. "Trust and community: Exploring the meanings, contexts and dynamics of community renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2655-2663, June.
- Simon Bawakyillenuo, 2009. "Policy and Institutional Failures: Photovoltaic Solar Household System (PV/SHS) Dissemination in Ghana," Energy & Environment, , vol. 20(6), pages 927-947, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ikejemba, Eugene C.X. & Schuur, Peter C., 2020. "The empirical failures of attaining the societal benefits of renewable energy development projects in Sub-Saharan Africa," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1490-1498.
- Kathleen Mallard & Vincent Debusschere & Lauric Garbuio, 2020. "Multi-Criteria Method for Sustainable Design of Energy Conversion Systems," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-1, August.
- Aliyu Salisu Barau & Aliyu Haidar Abubakar & Abdul-Hakim Ibrahim Kiyawa, 2020. "Not There Yet: Mapping Inhibitions to Solar Energy Utilisation by Households in African Informal Urban Neighbourhoods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-1, January.
- Pillot, Benjamin & Muselli, Marc & Poggi, Philippe & Dias, João Batista, 2019. "Historical trends in global energy policy and renewable power system issues in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of solar PV," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 113-124.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy (RE); Sustainable management; Developing countries; Project failure; RE recommendations; Sub-Saharan Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:639-647. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.