A look inside two central banks: the European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Hammes, 2001. "Locating Federal Reserve districts and headquarters cities," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sep, pages 24-27,55-65.
- Robert H. Rasche & Daniel L. Thornton, 2002. "The FOMC's balance-of-risks statement and market expectations of policy actions," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 37-50.
- Philip Arestis & Kevin McCauley & Malcolm Sawyer, 1999.
"From Common Market to Emu: a Historical Perspective of European Economic and Monetary Integration,"
- Philip Arestis & Kevin McCauley & Malcolm Sawyer, 1999. "From Common Market to Emu: A Historical Perspective of European Economic and Monetary Integration," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_263, Levy Economics Institute.
- Mervyn A. King, 1996. "How should central banks reduce inflation? - Conceptual issues," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 25-52.
- Broz, J. Lawrence, 1998. "The Origins of Central Banking: Solutions to the Free-Rider Problem," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(02), pages 231-268, March.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994. "How independent should a central bank be?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 195-225.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1999. "The Future of EMU: What Does the History of Monetary Unions Tell Us?," NBER Working Papers 7365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia S. Pollard, 1993. "Central bank independence and economic performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 21-36.
- Mervyn A. King, 1996. "How should central banks reduce inflation? conceptual issues," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 53-91.
- Brian Madigan & William R. Nelson, 2002. "Proposed revision to the Federal Reserve's discount window lending programs," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 313-319.
- anonymous, 1988. "The Districts take shape," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Aug.
- John P. Judd & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1999. "The goals of U.S. monetary policy," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan29.
- William Poole, 1999. "Communicating the stance of monetary policy," Speech 73, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florin Cornel Dumiter, 2009. "Central Bank Independence and Inflation Targeting.The Case of Romania," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 12(33), pages 23-60, (3).
- Kamal, Mona, 2010.
"تجربة الاتحاد النقدي الأوروبي في مجال التنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Experience of the European Monetary Union in the Coordination of Monetary and Fiscal Policies]," MPRA Paper 27764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hayo, Bernd & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume, 2013.
"Behind closed doors: Revealing the ECB's decision rule,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 135-160.
- Bernd Hayo & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2011. "Behind closed doors: Revealing the ECB’s Decision Rule," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201135, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Bernd Hayo & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2013. "Behind closed doors: Revealing the ECB’s Decision Rule," Working Papers CEB 13-025, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bernd Hayo & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2013. "Behind closed doors: Revealing the ECB’s decision rule," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/163529, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Farvaque, Etienne & Matsueda, Norimichi & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume, 2009.
"How monetary policy committees impact the volatility of policy rates,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 534-546, December.
- Etienne Farvaque & Norimichi Matsueda & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2008. "How monetary policy committees impact the volatility of policy rates," Working Papers CEB 08-026.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kathryn M. E. Dominguez, 2006. "The European Central Bank, the Euro, and Global Financial Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 67-88, Fall.
- Frederik Kunze & Mario Gruppe, 2014. "Performance of Survey Forecasts by Professional Analysts: Did the European Debt Crisis Make it Harder or Perhaps Even Easier?," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Carolina Tuckwell & António Mendonça, 2016. "The global Crisis and Unconventional Monetary Policy: ECB versus Fed," CEsA Working Papers 141, CEsA - Center of African, Asian and Latin American Studies.
- Etienne Farvaque & Norimichi Matsueda & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2007. "How committees reduce the volatility of policy rates," DULBEA Working Papers 07-11.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Herr, Hansjörg & Rüdiger, Sina & Pédussel Wu, Jennifer, 2016. "The Federal Reserve as lender of last resort during the subprime crisis: Successful stabilisation without structural changes," IPE Working Papers 65/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Singleton,John, 2010. "Central Banking in the Twentieth Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899093, March.
- Casimir Dadak, 2011. "Political Economy of the Euro Area Crisis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(5), pages 593-604, December.
- Rüdiger, Sina, 2013. "The Federal Reserve in times of economic crisis: Paths and choices since 2007," IPE Working Papers 25/2013, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Răzvan, 2013.
"Decizii strategice ale politicii monetare
[Strategic decisions of the Monetary Policy]," MPRA Paper 51242, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Nov 2013.
- Piotr Stanek, 2004. "How to assess proposals for enlargement reform of the European Central Bank," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 209-239.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Central Bank ; Federal Reserve System ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2003:i:jan:p:11-30:n:v.85no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.