تجربة الاتحاد النقدي الأوروبي في مجال التنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Experience of the European Monetary Union in the Coordination of Monetary and Fiscal Policies]
This study presents the experience of the European Monetary Union (EMU) countries as an example for external coordination of fiscal and monetary policies under a fixed exchange rate regime. The Euro area is considered as a unique example since the coordination of the policies is achieved through an independent European Central Bank and the fiscal authorities of the member countries. This study reviews the coordinating arrangements and the mechanism required for the effectiveness of policy coordination.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido Wolswijk & Jakob de Haan, 2005. "Government debt management in the euro area - recent theoretical developments and changes in practices," Occasional Paper Series 25, European Central Bank.
- Beetsma, Roel & Debrun, Xavier & Klaassen, Franc, 2001.
"Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3035, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roel Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Franc Klaassen, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," IHEID Working Papers 04-2001, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Roel Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Frank Klaassen, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," CESifo Working Paper Series 599, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roel M. W. J. Beetsma & Xavier Debrun & Franc Klaassen, 2001. "Is Fiscal Policy Coordination in EMU Desirable?," IMF Working Papers 01/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Artis, Michael J & Kontolemis, Zenon G & Mizen, Paul D, 1998.
"Inflation Targeting: What can the ECB Learn from the Recent Experience of the Bank of England,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Artis, Michael J & Mizen, Paul & Kontolemis, Zenon, 1998. "Inflation Targeting: What Can the ECB Learn from the Recent Experience of the Bank of England?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1810-25, November.
- Carlo Cottarelli, 1993. "Limiting Central Bank Credit to the Government; Theory and Practice," IMF Occasional Papers 110, International Monetary Fund.
- Leith, Campbell & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2002.
"Compatibility Between Monetary and Fiscal Policy Under EMU,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
124, Royal Economic Society.
- Leith, Campbell & Wren-Lewis, Simon, 2006. "Compatibility between monetary and fiscal policy under EMU," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1529-1556, August.
- Campbell leith & Simon Wren-Lewis, . "Compatibility Between Monetary and Fiscal Policy Under EMU," Working Papers 2001_15, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- L. Lambertini & R. Rovelli, 2003. "Monetary and fiscal policy coordination and macroeconomic stabilization. A theoretical analysis," Working Papers 464, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Roel Beetsma & Lans Bovenberg, 2001.
"Structural Distortions and Decentralized Fiscal Policies in EMU,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
473, CESifo Group Munich.
- Beetsma, Roel & Bovenberg, A Lans, 2001. "Structural Distortions and Decentralized Fiscal Policies in EMU," CEPR Discussion Papers 2851, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 2005. "Structural distortions and decentralized fiscal policies in EMU," Other publications TiSEM ee72b086-d53f-4849-88ff-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Patricia S. Pollard, 2003. "A look inside two central banks: the European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 11-30.
- Stefano Eusepi & Jess Benhabib, 2005.
"The Design of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: A Global Perspective,"
2005 Meeting Papers
926, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Benhabib, Jess & Eusepi, Stefano, 2005. "The design of monetary and fiscal policy: A global perspective," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 40-73, July.
- Jess Benhabib & Stefano Eusepi, 2005. "The design of monetary and fiscal policy: a global perspective," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Stefano Eusepi & Jess Benhabib, 2005. "The Design of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: A Global Perspective," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 388, Society for Computational Economics.
- Carare, Alina & Stone, Mark R., 2006.
"Inflation targeting regimes,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1297-1315, July.
- Lars Calmfors, 2003. "Fiscal Policy to Stabilise the Domestic Economy in the EMU: What Can We Learn from Monetary Policy?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 49(3), pages 319-353.
- Jordi Gali & Tommaso Monacelli, 2005. "Optimal fiscal policy in a monetary union," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Walsh, Carl E, 1995. "Optimal Contracts for Central Bankers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 150-67, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27764. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.