Inflation Targeting: What can the ECB Learn from the Recent Experience of the Bank of England
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Artis, Michael J & Mizen, Paul & Kontolemis, Zenon, 1998. "Inflation Targeting: What Can the ECB Learn from the Recent Experience of the Bank of England?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1810-1825, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, January.
- Goodhart, Charles A E, 1994. "What Should Central Banks Do? What Should Be Their Macroeconomic Objectives and Operations?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1424-1436, November.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993.
"The consumer price index as a measure of inflation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 15-24.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993. "The Consumer Price Index as a Measure of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 4505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti & Rodney L. Wiggins II, 1997. "Efficient Inflation Estimation," NBER Working Papers 6183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 1996. "Federal Reserve Private Information and the Behavior of Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 5692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:164:y::i:1:p:65-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Freeman, Donald G., 1998. "Do core inflation measures help forecast inflation?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 143-147, February.
- Gallo Giampiero M. & Pacini Barbara, 1998. "Early News is Good News: The Effects of Market Opening on Market Volatility," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, pages 1-19.
- International Monetary Fund, 1998. "The United Kingdom's Experience with Inflation Targeting," IMF Working Papers 98/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Woodford, 1994. "Nonstandard Indicators for Monetary Policy: Can Their Usefulness Be Judged from Forecasting Regressions?," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy, pages 95-115 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walsh, Carl E, 1995.
"Optimal Contracts for Central Bankers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 150-167.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1990. "Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements," NBER Working Papers 3566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1991. "Tastes and technology in a two-country model of the business cycle: explaining international co-movements," Working Paper 9019, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Artis, Michael J & Kontolemis, Zenon G, 1998. "The European Central Bank and Inflation Targeting," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 27-38, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrade, E., 2002. "Bacen e BoE: Uma Analise Comparativa do Nivel de Transparencia," Insper Working Papers wpe_12, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Kamal, Mona, 2010.
"تجربة الاتحاد النقدي الأوروبي في مجال التنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Experience of the European Monetary Union in the Coordination of Monetary and Fiscal Policies]," MPRA Paper 27764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrade, E., 2002. "Bacen e BCs Selecionados: Uma Analise Comparativa do Nivel de Transparencia," Insper Working Papers wpe_13, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Shu-ki Tsang, 2002. "Inflation Targeting in China?," Working Papers 192002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Kirsten Lommatzsch & Silke Tober, 2004. "The Inflation Target of the ECB: Does the Balassa-Samuelson Effect Matter?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 19, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Silke Tober, 2015. "Monetary Financing in the Euro Area: A Free Lunch?," IMK Working Paper 152-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Zenon Kontolemis, 2002. "Money Demand in the Euro Area; Where Do We Stand (Today)?," IMF Working Papers 02/185, International Monetary Fund.
- Hossein Samiei & Jan Kees Martijn, 1999. "Central Bank Independence and the Conduct of Monetary Policy in the United Kingdom," IMF Working Papers 99/170, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsAccountability; Bank of England; Central Bank; ECB; Inflation Targeting;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:1941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.