An autopsy of the US financial system: accident, suicide, or negligent homicide
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 688-726.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309, December.
- Pinches, George E & Singleton, J Clay, 1978. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Bond Rating Changes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 29-44, March.
- Alan Greenspan, 2010.
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 201-261.
- Bart Hobijn & Aysegul Sahin & Michael Elsby, 2010. "The Labor Market in the Great Recession," 2010 Meeting Papers 323, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegül Sahin, 2010. "The labor market in the Great Recession," Working Paper Series 2010-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Michael W. Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegul Sahin, 2010. "The Labor Market in the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 15979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009.
"Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 287-318, November.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Finance and inequality : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4967, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009. "Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 15275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 688-726.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin, 2013. "Bank regulation and supervision in the context of the global crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, pages 733-746.
- Gerrit B. Koester & Christoph Priesmeier, 2013.
"Does Wagner´s Law Ruin the Sustainability of German Public Finances?,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, pages 256-288.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2012. "Bank regulation and stability: An examination of the Basel market risk framework," Discussion Papers 09/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2013. "A comparison of the original and revised Basel market risk frameworks for regulating bank capital," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 249-268.
- Mettenheim Kurt, 2013. "Back to Basics in Banking Theory and Varieties of Finance Capitalism," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, pages 357-405.
- Stefano Colonnello & Matthias Efing & Francesca Zucchi, 2016.
"Empty Creditors and Strong Shareholders: The Real Effects of Credit Risk Trading,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
16-17, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jun 2016.
- Colonnello, Stefano & Efing, Matthias & Zucchi, Francesca, 2017. "Empty creditors and strong shareholders: The real effects of credit risk trading," IWH Discussion Papers 10/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Colonnello, Stefano & Efing, Matthias & Zucchi, Francesca, 2016. "Empty creditors and strong shareholders: The real effects of credit risk trading," IWH Discussion Papers 10/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2012. "When more is less: Using multiple constraints to reduce tail risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2693-2716.
- Thorsten Beck, 2013.
"Finance, growth and fragility: the role of government,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, pages 49-77.
- Beck, Thorsten, 2013. "Finance, Growth and Fragility: The Role of Government," CEPR Discussion Papers 9597, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez & Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin, 2012. "Bank regulation and supervision around the world : a crisis update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6286, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L., 2011. "The Role of Finance in Economic Development : Benefits, Risks, and Politics," Discussion Paper 2011-141, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2014. "Bank regulation, supervision and efficiency during the global financial crisis," MPRA Paper 58295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2014. "Bank regulation and international financial stability: A case against the 2006 Basel framework for controlling tail risk in trading books," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 107-130.
- Manlagnit, Maria Chelo V., 2015. "Basel regulations and banks’ efficiency: The case of the Philippines," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 72-85.
- Poczter, Sharon, 2016. "The long-term effects of bank recapitalization: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, pages 131-153.
- Mario Bergara & Gerardo Licandro & Jorge Ponce, 2012. "Financial stability nets. Complementing and reinforcing micro and macro perspectives," Documentos de trabajo 2012002, Banco Central del Uruguay.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial institutions; Regulation; Economic policy; Economic conditions; United States of America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jfeppp:v:2:y:2010:i:3:p:196-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.