Empty creditors and strong shareholders: The real effects of credit risk trading
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Stefano Colonnello & Matthias Efing & Francesca Zucchi, 2016. "Empty Creditors and Strong Shareholders: The Real Effects of Credit Risk Trading," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 16-17, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jun 2016.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 2010. "An autopsy of the US financial system: accident, suicide, or negligent homicide," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 196-213, August.
- MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990. " Do Taxes Affect Corporate Financing Decisions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1471-1493, December.
- Mascia Bedendo & Lara Cathcart & Lina El‐Jahel, 2016.
"Distressed Debt Restructuring in the Presence of Credit Default Swaps,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(1), pages 165-201, February.
- Mascia Bedendo & Lara Cathcart & Lina El-Jahel, 2016. "Distressed Debt Restructuring in the Presence of Credit Default Swaps," Post-Print hal-01262323, HAL.
- Patrick Augustin & Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Dragon Y. Tang & Sarah Q. Wang, 2016. "Credit Default Swaps: Past, Present, and Future," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 175-196, October.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Dragon Yongjun Tang & Sarah Qian Wang, 2014. "Does the Tail Wag the Dog?: The Effect of Credit Default Swaps on Credit Risk," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(10), pages 2927-2960.
- Bennett, Rosalind L. & Güntay, Levent & Unal, Haluk, 2015. "Inside debt, bank default risk, and performance during the crisis," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 487-513.
- Campello, Murillo & Matta, Rafael, 2012. "Credit default swaps and risk-shifting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 639-641.
- Henry T. C. Hu & Bernard Black, 2008. "Debt, Equity and Hybrid Decoupling: Governance and Systemic Risk Implications," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(4), pages 663-709.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Santos, João A.C., 2009. "Has the CDS market lowered the cost of corporate debt?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 514-523, May.
- Augustin, Patrick & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Wang, Sarah Qian, 2014. "Credit Default Swaps: A Survey," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 9(1-2), pages 1-196, December.
- Jeffrey L. Coles & Naveen D. Daniel & Lalitha Naveen, 2014. "Co-opted Boards," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(6), pages 1751-1796.
- Nadauld, Taylor D. & Sherlund, Shane M., 2013. "The impact of securitization on the expansion of subprime credit," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 454-476.
- Sergei A. Davydenko & Ilya A. Strebulaev, 2007. "Strategic Actions and Credit Spreads: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2633-2671, December.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Dragon Yongjun Tang & Sarah Qian Wang, 2016. "Credit Default Swaps, Exacting Creditors and Corporate Liquidity Management," Working Papers 202016, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Avner Kalay & Oǧuzhan Karakaş & Shagun Pant, 2014. "The Market Value of Corporate Votes: Theory and Evidence from Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(3), pages 1235-1271, June.
- Milcheva, Stanimira, 2013. "Cross-country effects of regulatory capital arbitrage," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5329-5345.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Bolton, Brian & Lu, Jun, 2015. "Size, leverage, and risk-taking of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 520-537.
- Sreedhar T. Bharath & Tyler Shumway, 2008. "Forecasting Default with the Merton Distance to Default Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1339-1369, May.
- Alessio Saretto & Heather E. Tookes, 2013. "Corporate Leverage, Debt Maturity, and Credit Supply: The Role of Credit Default Swaps," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(5), pages 1190-1247.
- Ana Fostel & John Geanakoplos, 2013. "Financial Innovation, Collateral and Investment," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1903R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2015.
- Sudheer Chava & Michael R. Roberts, 2008. "How Does Financing Impact Investment? The Role of Debt Covenants," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(5), pages 2085-2121, October.
- Alexander W. Butler & Larry Fauver & Sandra Mortal, 2009. "Corruption, Political Connections, and Municipal Finance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(7), pages 2673-2705, July.
More about this item
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iwhdps:iwh-10-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwhhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.