Bank regulation and supervision in the context of the global crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Luis Servén, 2010. "Are All the Sacred Cows Dead? Implications of the Financial Crisis for Macro- and Financial Policies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 91-124, February.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward J. Kane, 2010.
"The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons, not Scapegoats,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 125-155, February.
- Caprio, Gerard, Jr. & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Kane, Edward J., 2008. "The 2007 meltdown in structured securitization : searching for lessons, not scapegoats," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4756, The World Bank.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt & Edward Kane, 2008. "The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons not Scapegoats," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-08, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Gerard Caprio & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward Kane, 2008. "The 2007 Meltdown in Structured Securitization: Searching for Lessons not Scapegoats," Center for Development Economics 2008-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2012. "Guardians of Finance: Making Regulators Work for Us," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262017393, July.
- Barth, James R.*Caprio,Gerard*Levine, Ross, 2001. "The regulation and supervision of banks around the world - a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2588, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Ross Levine, 2010. "An autopsy of the US financial system: accident, suicide, or negligent homicide," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 196-213, August.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayadi, Rym & Naceur, Sami Ben & Casu, Barbara & Quinn, Barry, 2016.
"Does Basel compliance matter for bank performance?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 15-32.
- Rym Ayadi & Sami Ben Naceur & Barbara Casu & Barry Quinn, 2015. "Does Basel Compliance Matter for Bank Performance?," IMF Working Papers 15/100, International Monetary Fund.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martínez Pería, María Soledad, 2017.
"Foreign bank subsidiaries' default risk during the global crisis: What factors help insulate affiliates from their parents?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 19-31.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2014. "Foreign bank subsidiaries'default risk during the global crisis : what factors help insulate affiliates from their parents ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7053, The World Bank.
- Deniz Anginer & Eugenio M Cerutti & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2016. "Foreign Bank Subsidiaries’ Default Risk during the Global Crisis; What Factors Help Insulate Affiliates from their Parents?," IMF Working Papers 16/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert, 2015. "Corporate governance, firm value and risk: Past, present, and future," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PA), pages 1-12.
- Marinč, Matej & Rant, Vasja, 2014. "A cross-country analysis of bank bankruptcy regimes," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 134-150.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:331-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael, Bryane & Falzon, Joseph & Shamdasani, Ajay, 2015. "A Theory of Financial Services Competition, Compliance and Regulation," EconStor Preprints 107400, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Lawless, Martina & O’Connell, Brian & O’Toole, Conor, 2015.
"SME recovery following a financial crisis: Does debt overhang matter?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 45-59.
- Lawless, Martina & O'Connell, Brian & O'Toole, Conor, 2014. "SME Recovery Following a Financial Crisis: Does Debt Overhang Matter?," Papers WP491, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Liu, Liuling & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2015. "Regulations, profitability, and risk-adjusted returns of European insurers: An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 55-77.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; Regulation; Supervision; Survey;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:9:y:2013:i:4:p:733-746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.