This article reviews the causes of the crisis, explores the nature of financial intermediation, presents a set of reforms to overcome the deficiencies of the regulatory structure and examines the role of monetary policy in the current crisis. It concludes that it is essential to increase regulatory capital requirements and liquidity of banks and increase the guarantees of financial products that are traded globally.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 22 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "This Time It’s Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly-Preface," MPRA Paper 17451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brigitte Desroches & Michael Francis, 2010.
"World real interest rates: a global savings and investment perspective,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(22), pages 2801-2816.
- Brigitte Desroches & Michael Francis, 2007. "World Real Interest Rates: A Global Savings and Investment Perspective," Staff Working Papers 07-16, Bank of Canada.
- Alan Greenspan, 2000. "Technology and Financial Services," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 109-113, December.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)